Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
comunity work
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
hy everyone, since thursday ive been pretty busy doing community work, i need to gather a total of 15 hours for a course at school, at first i thought it would be a total bore ( in charge of security at the local figure skateing competition) and actualy, its not so bad and iam enjoying it, as a matter a fact, iam even doing more than my 15 hours! plus the girls figure skateing are my age :-) least a few

so if anyone manages to get some free time, jsut wanted to let you know that comunity work isnt so bad and its a great way to lend a hand to people

Frank
BulletTooth
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 04:30 AM UTC
My best volunteer experience was when I was 17 and I began to volunteer at a local animal rescue, just helping take care of all of the dogs and other animals that were there. Being a dog lover, it was a great experience for me.

I was also a volunteer summer camp counselor a couple of times. Working with kids is by far the greatest experience ever. I just wish teachers were paid what they are worth here in CA and I would drop everything in a second to become a teacher.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 02:02 PM UTC
as much as i could hate half hte teachers i had in elemtery, in my whole school life i should say, i have to realize they do have a hard job, i touther soem, kids during the week, and god there hyper lol but its fun to be around them.

i was thinking i could go help out at an old people homes, il see...

i wouldnt make what i do as a volunteer my job, it takes so much fun out nowing its seriouse because your getting paid, i jsut couldnt do it with as much fun

ZzZ, guess you should have voluntered at the figure skateing competition
Frank