TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Any fans of "Bullitt?"
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 08:15 AM UTC
You'll get a kick out of this! :-)
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 08:46 AM UTC
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Priceless! Still, I think they shouldv'e lost some box flaps, IIRC the cars lose someting like 12 hubcaps in that sequence in the original!

Thanks AJ, Had my 2nd root canal in 3 weeks today, & this finally gave me something to smile about
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 09:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Priceless! Still, I think they shouldv'e lost some box flaps, IIRC the cars lose someting like 12 hubcaps in that sequence in the original!

Yeah, the Dodge Charger kept spinning off hubcaps, and there was this magic VW bug that was in multiple shots, one of the few other cars on the road that day in Frisco, I guess. :-)
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 09:56 AM UTC
Al between this and a post from Logan's Dad on another thread you've made my day. This is really good.

As an aside I don't really like them using dead actors in commercials but I like the Ford Mustang one that has Steve McQueen from Bullit in it.

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 02:47 PM UTC
Howdy guys,

Many, many thx Al for providing that link

When I first read the thread tag " Any fans of "Bullitt" I thought......"Is he kidding!!!!
I remember going to see that film when it first hit the theatre's and going back for several times after that to see it.....
Have been a fan of the '67 Mustang fastback ever since.
And for those 'purist's' who may be questioning my accuracy of Steve's Mustang being a 1967 model .....well, the car had no side marker lights, a true measure of a '67....because in 1968, side marker lights were required and added by the manufacturer. I beleive the Charger had side markers.....

Really great link AJLaFleche!.......love the simulated chase scene audio........except (am I being too an*l here?) It was the Mustang (one occupant) chasing the Charger (two occupants), not the other way around..........

Tread.

It also would have been exceptionally cool if the animators could have had the 'Mustang' box wind up spinning out and coming to a rest with it's right front wheel assembly hanging limp over a childs sandbox or somethin'........

P.P.S. Halfyank said: "....As an aside I don't really like them using dead actors in commercials but I like the Ford Mustang one that has Steve McQueen from Bullit in it....."

I couldn't agree with him more........but then I'm a BIG Steve McQueen fan.........
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 03:06 PM UTC
totally awesome & I concur w/Tread Head on the model year - he hit it dead on concerning the side marker lights. Now if Ford will consider re-releasing that Bullit model on their '05 Mustang's Yowza! I might have to get a 2nd job!
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 08, 2005 - 12:07 PM UTC
LMAO. Way to cool :-)
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 07:46 AM UTC
I love that 67 mustang, only "Elanor" from gone in sixty seconds is a little bit sweeter, now thats what i call a beast of a car