Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
detail needed or not??
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 01:51 PM UTC
I have been wondering for a while, when you look at someones gallery, what do you look for? Maybe it's my photo's, but I have had most hits on what I thought were ordinairy pictures. There seems to be less interest in close up detail shots.. I mean I had more hits on the picture of my screen saver ( which admittedly is a nice photograph) in a week than on the pictures of my models in three months!! And with those the overall shots are more popular than the close-ups. Do I waste my time with close-ups?

Cheers
Henk
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 03:08 PM UTC
no you dont waste your time, i like detail shots, that shows more dedication then just gluing pieces together and spraying some paint on it.
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 03:09 PM UTC
Honestly, when I go to someones gallery, it is usually because I have been directed there by a "pics in my gallery" post. Or if someone shows such an awesome pic that I have to see more of their work, I will have a peek. If I go to the gallery and the first pic doesn't grab me though, I am usually gone as fast as I came. Or if I am really bored, I will browse through alot of pics in different members galleries, but I usually don't have the free time to do that.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 03:43 PM UTC
As long as the close ups are crisp I don't mind.
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 03:51 PM UTC
I think if I understand what was said and looking at you gallery. The pic that got the least hits where in progress and unfinished shots. Not so much detail as in finishing, PE and weathering. I'm just guessing that what people look at is the finished product. I know that is what I look it, I know what a rare build looks like .. I want to see what did you do to bring it alive.

Dave
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 06:22 PM UTC
Well, I hate to say this....
But, I do go through the members gallery,
on a fairly regular basis. Lately a little more, since I'm on the computer more due to an injury.
Although I do admit, to usually just preusing the thumbnails, I do enjoy seeing eveyones work.

Oh I have seen each of your galleries.....
Thanks for posting them...... your photos are part
of what makes this site the best on the web.