_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Argrillion's gallery
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 - 08:57 PM UTC
i just came across his gallery

wow..superb job man

here's the link
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/photos/showgallery.php?ppuser=5884&cat=500&password=

Agrillion, what do u use for the swastika flag ?? (air recognition flag)??

really cool man
Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 12:31 PM UTC
Hello Sil:

Thank you for your attention and comment. Busy week for me; just uploaded the images and packed my PC off to site.

I use quite a bit tissue for the s%@$t!$@ flag, and hand painted it. I usually make two flags at one time because one will end up being ripped apart after paintiing.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 01:59 PM UTC
tissue paper???

do u mean the oridnary tissu paper ka?? the stuff relly soft when wet...
any special method?? tell me more....

Argrillion
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 04:33 PM UTC
Yep! Just common tissue paper but you would need to be quite selective on the make of tissue paper. I used Kleenex and not others as cheaper tissue paper has those nasty fine fiber sticking on it. Plus you do not want to use those tissue with those pressed patterns on it (e.g. like McDonalds napkins).

With diluted white glue, i built the thickness of the tissue with layers of tissue. After 5 to 6 layes (of double ply), the tissue is left overnight for drying. Using a template, I painted the appropriate markings.

The advantage of using tissue is that you can reform the flag on the vehicle body contour once painted . Wet the flag and position the flag on the vehicle. Once positioned, set the flag with white glue again.

I used the same technique for the spare tyre cover for my Sdkfz 222. Next, I will try to develop some tear and wear on my second Sdkfz 222 spare tyre cover.
 _GOTOTOP