_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
40% paints & brushes at Hobby Lobby
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 11:58 AM UTC
I went to Hobby Lobby today to get some paint (the only Hobby shop I have) and low and behold paint and brushes where 40% off! Including model paint in the jar the sale is on Tube Paints and Jar Paint along with brushes so here is a good chance to get some supplies with that Christmas Money!

Later
Dave
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 01:55 PM UTC
i keep saying this, with all the sales at hobby lobby, we need one in virginia
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 02:00 PM UTC
arrrggghhh!... maybe i should move to the states were hobby lobbys exist... the last sale i saw, well, i ve never seen one actualy, you can get 10% off if you buy for over 100$ and pay cash thats doesnt even cover the tax! lol

Frank
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 02:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

arrrggghhh!... maybe i should move to the states were hobby lobbys exist... the last sale i saw, well, i ve never seen one actualy, you can get 10% off if you buy for over 100$ and pay cash thats doesnt even cover the tax! lol

Frank

and you're paying those Canada taxes too OUCH! I use to travel to Canada a lot I kept those reciept to get my taxes back when I left.

Dave
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 02:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

and you're paying those Canada taxes too OUCH! I use to travel to Canada a lot I kept those reciept to get my taxes back when I left.

i managed to save up some money and buy an mp3 player, well guess what, it was on special, 120$... and i paid 20 bucks of taxes! arggg they get on my nerves sometimes!!! talk about a rip off! especialy with the minimum wage being 7.45/hour, mean i had to work 4 hours to pay taxes, and since i never got any benefit from them and only hear bad things about what our goverment does with our money, i wonder were my 20 bucks went lol :-)

Frank
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 03:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

[i wonder were my 20 bucks went lol :-)

Frank

Some patronage thing i'll bet or maybe an advertising contract.

I don't miss the GST and provincial income tax one little bit. No state income tax here and the federal is MUCH lower than back in Canada. The local sales tax is 7% but i'll pay that rather than 15%.
Slug
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 05:11 PM UTC
Come on out to the fine Western part of this great nation, no provincal tax here only the stinky GST, plus we're swimming in a deficit free province, ya hoo!......... Oh rats we're still getting paid with watered down Canadian dollars :-) and we definitely don't have any decent hobby chains.

Bruce
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 02:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and we definitely don't have any decent hobby chains.

I certainly wouldn't call Hobby Lobby "decent", unfortunately for me it's the only game in town. No wonder I look forward to road trips to Dallas or Amarillo so I can go to a REAL hobby shop or stop in at Squadron and wander through their shelves picking stuff up like they have let me do.
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 03:26 AM UTC
They are building a hobby lobby about 5 blocks from my house, so I looked them up on the web. Its seems like they only sell all RC stuff...Is that true?
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 466 Posts
KitMaker Network: 49 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 03:31 AM UTC
Sounds like a good deal.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 04:04 AM UTC
Johnny,

No, that is not true. They have a little bit of just about everything craft and hobby wise you can think of, from painting supplies to dried flowers to stained glass and doll houses. They do have plastic models, more cars than anything else. Some decent Tamiya armor kits, though. It is the only thing I have close and stop in there about once every couple of weeks. I think you will, too.

Shaun
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 01:01 PM UTC
Yep it's all I have around here ... I have a couple of small shops in nearby towns about 50 miles away. But they carry little modelling stuff.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 01:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have a couple of small shops in nearby towns about 50 miles away. But they carry little modelling stuff.

Well, that puts our problem with local hobbyshops into perspective. I (and I would dare to think most brits) think that nearby means within 10 miles..and than they would have to stock a good selection to make it worth the journey. In that case I say 'long live the internet'.
As for local, if I can't get there on foot, I don't think it's local.

Cheers
Hennk
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2005 - 02:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I have a couple of small shops in nearby towns about 50 miles away. But they carry little modelling stuff.

Well, that puts our problem with local hobbyshops into perspective. I (and I would dare to think most brits) think that nearby means within 10 miles..and than they would have to stock a good selection to make it worth the journey. In that case I say 'long live the internet'.
As for local, if I can't get there on foot, I don't think it's local.

Cheers
Hennk

Yep I've to been Europe and England a few times and when I have freinds from there come here for the first time they freak at the distants to places. They like a car load of kids ... "Are we there yet?" LOL

Dave
 _GOTOTOP