_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
iwata hp-b
kubelmanjam
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 66 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 11:28 PM UTC
what is the reliability of iwata ive heard they are good
im hopefully getting 1 soon (:-) (:-) (:-) (:-) (:-) (:-) (:-) (:-) good old santa :-)
mikeli125
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,595 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,079 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 11:45 PM UTC
I use one simple to clean . I'm happy with using it now takes a bit of getting used to after using an Aztek
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 01:15 PM UTC
I use an Iwata HP-B, like Davy said easy to clean. Just becarefull with the tip, as they are rather expensive to replace.
Stahlhelm
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 414 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 01:25 PM UTC
Iwata makes a terrific airbrush - keep it clean and don't abuse the thing. It is a fine instrument and should be treated as such.

Cody
jpzr
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 316 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 - 05:32 AM UTC
Fantastic airbrush. Very well-crafted with extremely precise tolerances. Great balance, and as mentioned earlier, it is quite easy to clean. However, it isn't very versatile. The needle/tip combo is really best suited for detail work. I think spray width is only about 3/4 of an inch, so general coverage is not it's strong suit.
Unless you are to keep another airbrush for general purpose work, you may want to consider going with a more versatile Iwata such as the HP-C, or the Eclipse CS. I recently purchased the latter, and to be honest, so far it has performed almost as well as my HP-B in terms of spraying tight, fine lines and patterns. In reality, for 1/35 work, it probably provides sufficient detail capability. An added bonus is that it is a little cheaper than the HP-B or C. And if you want to enjoy the easy cleaning, stay with the gravity feed brushes. They also allow you to use less pressure which comes in handy, particularly for detail work.
One final thought, be sure to pick up Iwata's pre-set handle and their detail crown. They may add to the bottom line, but if you plan on doing detail work, they are necessities (IMO). Finally, Iwata's super lube may save you some headaches down the line as it keeps the trigger and needle from sticking.
I can't recommend Iwata airbrushes highly enough. I've found them to be much more precise and well-made than any of the other airbrushes I've used.
kubelmanjam
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 66 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 08:02 AM UTC
the brush was 55 g.b.p

its small but sweet i still have to use it yet
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,888 Posts
KitMaker Network: 51 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 - 08:12 AM UTC
I have 3 iwata's they all work very good, as every body said keep them clean, use the lube and treat them good i think you will get years of use from them.
 _GOTOTOP