_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Model Master Paint Color numbers question?
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 05:45 PM UTC
I've got this model for the AGE2 campaign. Like a good little modeller I read the directions first and took inventory to if I had what I needed. Wll the painting chart uses Model Master Paint which is fine I can get and have those, but here is the question ...

Is #1706 Sand the same as #1963 Modern Desert Sand? Oh first look I'd say no, but I got to looking at the other colors used and few of the color numbers actually matched with the numbers I have of the exact same color name. I have Testor Model Master paint and this kits calls them Italeri Model Master Paint but the logos are the same leading me to believe they are the same paints. So have the numbers changed? 1911 OD is the same on the instructions and the bottle but it is about the only one that is. Other color like steel, gunmetal, flat black have the same names but different numbers?

So any ideas, it just doesn't make sense at all?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:32 PM UTC
no they are not the same.. Model master makes several colors in different shades and ranges..

1706 Sand is slightly darker than 1963 Modern Desert Sand.

in the model master line they are distint seperate colors.

btw there is also # 1704 Armor sand, #2053 ANA 616 / Sand, not to mention #2136 gulf armor sand..

so you see there is quite a range to choose from.. but as always... use what seems to the the best for what you wish to do...

btw I just love Model Master Enamals..
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:34 PM UTC
Thanks now I know what I need to look for.

Dave
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:37 PM UTC
reply by the way those numbers are out of the Model Master Technical guide.. It has the Model master paint chips in the back of it and the numbers I gave are for the enamal's line... not sure if they match up with the acrylics line as I dont' use those.

SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:43 PM UTC
I use enamal's and oils, I only use acrylics if I can't find anything else. I hope I can find that tint as the shop I go to doesn't carry much paint and I'd have to be ordering it now.
 _GOTOTOP