_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Kaki Model Malaysia
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Future floor polish
ave
Visit this Community
Klang, Malaysia
entire network: 417 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 11:35 AM UTC
Is ther a Malaysian equivalent of Future floor polish that works just as well, or do I have to get the expensive stuff?
mislmd
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 58 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 01:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Is ther a Malaysian equivalent of Future floor polish that works just as well, or do I have to get the expensive stuff?

What the guys here have told me in the past is that Future is available at Ace Hardware (although it is expenive). A Malaysian equivalent would be Johnson's Klear according to the forum. Hope this helps!

Aisyah
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 175 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 12:29 AM UTC
Hello ave and mislmd

I've used Cosway's but it's blue and not suitable for very light coloured a/c. Works well with correct air pressure which comes from trial and error. Check out my pics of the Valkyrie, P40E and Dauntless. These were finished either partially or fully with the product.

Future is an acrylic floor polish and I guess is the most suitable. Air pressure makes a difference in its various uses. At last count it has 11 uses in scale modeling compared to the 1it was meant to be used for. 'Ace' is the place where my friend bought it for me.
Set me back RM40.50. Mineral spirits dissolves it. I mention this coz it darned jammed my a/b parts even after flushing. I had used it as a flat coat and the residue is as strong as glue. Take the a/b apart for a good clean before storing or leave overnight.

Btw mislmd, I've yet to see Johnson's Klear in Pg. Have you any idea where I can get it ? And is it 'clear' as the name suggest ?

Regards
Patrick
mislmd
Visit this Community
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
entire network: 58 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 07, 2005 - 05:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Btw mislmd, I've yet to see Johnson's Klear in Pg. Have you any idea where I can get it ? And is it 'clear' as the name suggest ?

Regards
Patrick

I think the Johnson's is clear but you might want to double check that with Beachbum.

Aisyah
HauntedTank
Visit this Community
Georgetown, Malaysia
entire network: 175 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 09, 2005 - 12:06 AM UTC
Thanks Aisyah.
So......Beachbum can you please tell me where I can get Johnson's Klear.....if you know where ?
 _GOTOTOP