_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
LHS compressor troubles
mossieramm
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
entire network: 253 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 11:23 PM UTC
A new year and a desision on which compressor I want to get (revell Omega), so I ring my LHS, and what do I hear sold out, re-stock at the end of january at the earliest. So I drive to my back-up LHS which is more expensive and that is why its my back-up, but can you feel it coming, yep sold out, and have to wait a month bla bla. So I've done something rather rash, and bought one via Ebay. Should be here by the end of the week, hopefully, and it's cheaper than at the LHS. No wonder there seem to be less LHS's. How come LHS are so expensive ?? Its not just compressors, it's kits, decals etc as well. I only go to the LHS now for paints and the odd paintbrush.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 07:00 AM UTC
I hadthe Omega I wasnt to happy with it no air storage capacity, i got miy one from an hardware store for half the price.L.H.S. are usually one man bands they dont have the puchasing power that the big concerns have and cannot discount, but I think the model industry is very money grabbing buy some super glue and it costs a pound buy some "modelling" super glue and the price goes up to three pound, I always go to bigger stores first before my L.H.S. a lot of peoplesay it isnt good for the buisness but it isnt good for my business to pay over the top prices.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 07:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hadthe Omega I wasnt to happy with it no air storage capacity, i got miy one from an hardware store for half the price.L.H.S. are usually one man bands they dont have the puchasing power that the big concerns have and cannot discount, but I think the model industry is very money grabbing buy some super glue and it costs a pound buy some "modelling" super glue and the price goes up to three pound, I always go to bigger stores first before my L.H.S. a lot of peoplesay it isnt good for the buisness but it isnt good for my business to pay over the top prices.

this is true! thinner for example, buy the little bottles testor sells and you emptied your pockets, go buy soem thinner at a hardware store and you have an awsome deal! shoppign around is the key, dont go to lhs for compressors etc

Frank
 _GOTOTOP