_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Accurate Armour
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 1,523 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 06:26 PM UTC
I was wondering, is Accurate Armour worth the price you pay for it? I have been wanting to get the Samaritan for the possible up coming Red Cross campaign. Your thoughts and reccommendations would be very helpful. Just want to know if i will be wasting my money. Also how skilled do you have to be to build them since they are all resin??

herky
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 06:54 PM UTC
I can't comment on the Samaritan kit specifically, but I would rate AA as the best resin kit manufacturer in the world. I have built several of their complete kits and quite a few conversions without too many problems.
The instructions aren't as clear as a mainstream 'Tamiya' type kit, and it will take a lot of work to remove pour plugs and clean up the parts; but once this is done you should have very few problems.
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 10:13 AM UTC
AA is better than some of the other resin manufacturers. Their white metal parts have gotten better as well. I had a tough time with fitting the ride height and the resin tracks on the FV432 that I built but it was an older production. Ditto on the instructions but their staff is always helpful with questions.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP