Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
How Many Reenact The Civil War?
DD-393
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 97 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi All:

How many reenact the Civil War, or should I say, The War of the Rebellion? Our unit portrays The Belle City Rifles, Co. F, 2nd Wisconsin Volunteer Infantry. We do local and national battle reenactments, living histories and battlefield and other historical preservation and rememberace. See our website at http://www.BelleCityRifles.com
-Charlie
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 05:20 AM UTC
I don't reenact but I consider myself a better than average person Civil War buff. Been on tour to many of the Civil War site like Antietam, Bull Run, that wall at Fredericksburg, Cold Harbor, Gettysburg plus many smaller hidden out of the way fields. Even went to the Wilderness and hiked the same route Stonewall Jackson did for his flank march.

A high school aquaintance was a curator of the Confederate War Museum in Richmond. Got a tour of the cold room where they store that largest collection of Civil War flags, including Pickett's colors carried on the that fateful manuoever known as Pickett's Charge, Gettysburg. Also saw the chair belonging to Jefferson Davis that Ulysses.S.Grant presented to Abe Lincoln as a gift.
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 04:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

that wall at Fredericksburg

yea...its basically that, a wall haha, i live 5 min away from fredericksburg actually and about 30-45 min from chancellorsville, wilderness, spotsylvania area, A LOT of reanicting down here as this was where a lot of the war took place, my history teacher is a reanactor, i got to see his reenactment of streetfights in fredericksburg