_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Its coming
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 06:49 AM UTC
Hi folks

This Sundays paper brought great news!!!!!
A Hobby Lobby is opening up in a near by town. Just a little over 15min drive from my front door. I have read all the posts about this place and its half off sale since joining the big "A" a year or so ago. I've heard some great things about some great buys. Sadly I've never been in a Hobby Lobby because there was never one close by. But now the modelling gods have smiled on this part of the Buckeye state and I can't wait.

Just thought I would share the joy.
Harry
P.S. The reason for the almost uncontroled happyness is because the two other local shops are more for R/C and trains with very little in plastics,
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 08:19 AM UTC
Where in Ohio would that be? I know there was a Hobby Lobby in Sharonville down Cincy way
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 08:21 AM UTC
Hobby Lobby's modelling section is limited , not what you'll find in a a true modelling hobby shop. However they carry a lot of Tamiya models a few Academy and a lot of the Department Store brands they also have ModelMaster paints and regular Testors.The one I have here carries about 60% cars, 20% planes, 10% boats and 10% armor and only one short aisle of model stuff. and 40 aisle of wicker baskets and silk flowers .. go figure.I've fussed at them about the lack of armor and the ladiy in charge claims she going to put a request into corperate for more model armor. But as of yet it hasn't changed. You know corperate buyers and all that they carry what they think will sell and not what people are looking for.
It's not a bad store, it's mainly a "chick store" for home decor and crafters .... so if your single? Happy hunting!

Later
Dave
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 12:19 PM UTC
I enjoyed Hobby Lobby while stationed in Texas and Alabama, especially the 50% off sales. Their retail prices are rather high, but the sales make up for it. Wonder if there's one in the Ft. Knox area?
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 03:11 PM UTC
Hi guys

Thanks for the replys. Alan, I'm in Girard just outside of Youngstown in the northeastern part of the state. Hobby Lobby is moving to Boardman The other side of Youngstown about 15 mins from here. I still can't wait to check this place out after all I've heard about it.

Harry
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 - 09:25 AM UTC
Wow!!! A HobbyLobby that has modelling stuff???? Jeez...here in Colorado Springs the local HobbyLobby only has "craftsy" stuff.....Uggh.

All we have here are two Hobby Towns....and their selection of Armor is slowly getting smaller....bummer!
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 01:16 AM UTC
That is what I have been hoping for is a hobby Lobby to show in this town in Ohio, everything else has, they just changed our Walmart over into a super Walmart, now Home depot just came in, then Rt 250 is solid stores of all the major ones now, when not to many years ago it was just fields, with motels going clear to the turnpike to hold people for Cedar point in the summer.
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 05:28 AM UTC
Hey Kerry

Where about in Ohio are you ? You mentioned Cedar Point Thats up by Dayton ain't it ? I've been there but it was when I was a kid. When Hobby Lobby opens up I'll check it out and post a review. that way if any of the other "Buckeye builders" fill the need for a road trip they will know if its worth the effort or not.

Happy New Year 2005
Harry
 _GOTOTOP