_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Montreal Hobby Shops
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 07:11 AM UTC
I'm heading to Montreal in the new year for business and was wondering where the good hobby stores are. I'm primarily a figure modeller and was wondering if there are any stores with a good range of figures.

Cheers

Ray
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 09:14 AM UTC
If you want a good hobby shop in Montreal ,you have to visit Hobby Junction in Dorval but he doesn't really carry much in the way of figures at all ...If you want I can call a friend and get the phone number of a man who sells all kinds of figures Pegaso ,Andrea ,and the whole line of others too but he sell them from his basement and you'd have to call him and make an appointment .. If you are interested let me know and I'll find you his Phone number.

Rick
OllieC-FWOL
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 446 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 12:17 PM UTC
Yeap, the best store is Hobby Junction, although yoiu could pop at Udisco and buy a visible trout or some Lindberg kits like that!

:-)
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,698 Posts
KitMaker Network: 130 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2005 - 04:02 PM UTC
Richard, is that figure guy the same one who used to have a stand at the Dorval shows? I think his line was "new order" or something like that? I was wondering if he had a web page or a catalog...he had some really nice modern kit.
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 06:40 AM UTC
Gosh I haven't been to the Dorval show the last few times ,but I'm sure we're not talking about the same person . The guy who sells the New Order stuff is the owner of New Order...For the life of me I can't think of his name....
Gilles Menard is the one I was thinking about and was probably there too.. He has Most of the new releases as soon as the come out ,but I don't remember seeing much in the way of modern stuff other than the Hornet heads ...but you never know.

Rick
RayW
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 848 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2005 - 02:37 PM UTC
Thanks Guys,

I'll get down and check those out.

Cheers

Ray
 _GOTOTOP