_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Greetings
Kisabir
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 11:38 AM UTC
I finally decided to join armorama . I have been reading posts for sometime and really am interested in dioramas. Since I was a young girl I wanted to put models together, but my mom only bought the models for my three brothers. . I went out and bought a spitfire kit, and I quickly learned you don't have to use alot of superglue . I also learned superglue really dries fast to your fingers. LOL . After I finished that disaster a friend gave me a ford SEEP. I almost have it put together with only one glue mistake. But now I need to learn to paint it. So if you all can point me in the directions of painting tips for beginners it would be appreciated . When I get a little more bolder I will post pictures of my SEEP in my gallery. Merry Christmas to everyone!! And support Our Troops!
Patricia
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 12:02 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama and Merry Christmas. Glad to see that you have joined us here.
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 12:15 PM UTC
Welcome aboard! You have definitely come to the right place!! This is THE modeling resource for beginners, advanced or any skill in between.

steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 10:27 PM UTC
Patricia a warm welcome indeed its great you joined us as, they say the more the merrier! and its great our modelling family grew some more.
i'm glad its not just me who was unfortunate with super glue ,i managed to get it in my eye! DUH! :-)
so that was an experience i'll never forget!
anything you would like to know please just ask .someone here will know what you need .
its going to be nice to see your work
get bold ! please :-)!
Talk soon! K
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 10:30 PM UTC
Welcome, welcome... here you will find everything you need! :-)

all you need to do is ASK

hope you will post regulary.

cheers
Mirko
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 12:24 AM UTC
hi Patricia,
Welcome to Big-A. Another ladymodeler is a good Christmas gift for Armorama.thanks for joining us.
Willing to see your SEEP photos asap.
Merry Christmas (:-)
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 02:00 AM UTC
Hi Patricia, and welcome to the Big-A.!
For your first 'proper' model, I would suggest following the painting instructions on the kit sheet.
Tamiya paints are easy to use, and clean up easily with water if you get the stuff all over the place! Don't scrimp on the brushes that you use, for something the size of a Jeep I would suggest a 1/4" flat brush and a size '0' for the seats. tyres etc. Buy these from an art shop if you can, they'll be better than you get in most model shops. Apply the paint in several thin coats rather than one thick one.
After painting brush on some gloss finish ( most US modellers use 'future' floor polish) and apply the decals as per the kit instructions.
Paint a flat varnish over the model when dry. Then let us see it, and If you need more help to finish it off, ask again - there are loads of really helpfull guys'n'gals on the Big-A !!

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 02:15 AM UTC
Welcome Kisabir! Enjoy your stay!
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
entire network: 1,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 08:30 AM UTC
Kishabir -

Merry Christmas and welcome to Armorama. Good to have another "Washingtonian" on board. Where abouts in the "Evergreen State"? I'm here in the Issaquah/Sammamish area and a recent "returnee" to hopefully "serious" modeling after many years. This is without a doubt the best place to be whether you're an experienced or a beginning modeler. The support, help, knowledge, and opportunities are endless and truly an enjoyable experience. Many new friends to be made and sharing to be gained. Jump right in and look at a Campaign, like AGE 2, which is for new and returning modelers. Share, get involved, and just enjoy. Glad to have you here,

Blade48mrd
Kisabir
Visit this Community
entire network: 18 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 08:51 AM UTC
Wow, What a warm greeting! Thank you all very much! I will enjoy my stay here! Dave, Thank you for your tips thats exactly what I needed is basic instructions on brush size, type of paint and steps to paint. I am truly starting from scratch, with no preconcieved ideas on right or wrong ways to do something. Which could lead up to disaster .
Blade48mrd, I am south of you in the algona-pacific area. I'm looking forward to learning and experiencing the hobby. I've read the posts for awhile and I really enjoy the spirit of the site.
K, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who struggled with superglue :-) . I lost the battle with superglue LOL. But hoping for rematch soon !!
Happy Holidays
Patricia
Support our Troops!
P.S. I will upload some of the SEEP pictures tonight to my gallery, I think everyone would enjoy some holiday laughter and cheer!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 09:22 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Patricia,
As a newcomer to the hobby, I might suggest enlisting in the AGE2 Campaign. You'll have some fun, and get to meet everyone, and you get to know some of the best modellers on planet Earth.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2004 - 09:48 PM UTC
Welcome aboard dear Patricia. Its good that u had the nerve to stand up and start to model. All people here will be more than willing to help u in anything u might need. Just tellus.

Have a nice New years day , and we hope well be seeing u with much posts here !!!
Costas
 _GOTOTOP