_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
internet modelshops in Europe
mossieramm
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
entire network: 253 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 02:37 AM UTC
Hi Molplasticmodelbouw is a good shop, but they sell mainly armor kits and are not cheap.
Are there any internet shops like Squadron/HobbyLinkJapan in Europe, that have good prices and low postage ?? And what are your experiances ?? Squadron and HobbyLinkJapan are good shops, but I have to pay a lot on postage, which I would rather spend on modelstuff.
Thanks for any tips.
A Merry x-mas to everybody everywhere.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 02:49 AM UTC
The truth is, you won't find the kind of discounts here in Europe as you do in the States....

Two factors are at play here, firstly if you buy from Britain, you have to work out if the €uro is to your advantage or not. You'll also have to pay postage as well...

Secondly, apart from Hannants, there are few European 'Superstores' on the lines of VLS or Squadron

One thing you could do, if you are looking for something which isn't 'High-priority' you can always buy from Japan/HK and ask for 'surface-mail' it costs a lot less and is much slower but you will be paying much less for the postage...

I calculated in fact that Air-Mail fromHK is not that much more than it would be within Spain...Makes you think...Jim
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 04:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Molplasticmodelbouw is a good shop, but they sell mainly armor kits and are not cheap.

Well they're cheaper than the "real" shops I know here (Gouda and Rotterdam). Not much, most of the time only € 2 -4 difference, but if you buy a lot you save some money. (at least this goes for armor)

If you come up with a cheaper shop, please let me know! I haven't found one yet.....

Grt
procrazzy
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 359 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 04:18 AM UTC
This place looks good but i have not used them:

www.modelsforsale.com

cheers

Philip
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
entire network: 12,719 Posts
KitMaker Network: 69 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 04:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One thing you could do, if you are looking for something which isn't 'High-priority' you can always buy from Japan/HK and ask for 'surface-mail' it costs a lot less and is much slower but you will be paying much less for the postage...

Ditto Jim ! Hobby-Link-Japan is a good option. I've recently bought 2 1/72 DML Bradley ODS from them : 13,65 Euros + 6,32 Euros for postage ("Surface Air Lift - Small Packet"). In France you can buy it from a french online shop at 12,50 Euros + 6 Euros...For 1 kit ! The only advantage in the second exemple is the 2-days long wait (vs 10-15 days for HLJ)
So it's up to you !
Frenchy
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 12:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Molplasticmodelbouw is a good shop

I have bought from them a few times, and I think they are as good as you get in Europe. When shopping for more than €40 the postage is free. Compared to prices in sweden, and with the weaker euro, Mol... is actually quite attractive.
I have shopped from hannants as well... but theres a minimum order of £30 and you pay high postage.
Ive shopped with hobby easy,and made a killing, but Sweden´s customs are a bit on the sharp side and its 50/50 whether they get through. If you are unlucky, and get caught at customs, all savings are lost.
So Mol.. is an online service I would still consider. Cheaper than sweden, good stock, 5 day delivery, no customs problems, free postage (is it worth it ordering abroad for less than €40) and a reliable service.
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 06:15 PM UTC
If your are looking for figures and accessories you should try Historexagents in the UK. The service from these guys are outstanding. I once ordered some stuff from them on a thursday, got it saturday, in Denmark.

www.historexagents.com
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 - 06:37 PM UTC
well www.Hobbyeasy.com shipps immidiately with low ship rates and u have fast delivery time. On specific items theyre prices are simply unbeatable
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 5,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 454 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 04:53 AM UTC
Costas, do you have any experience with hobbyeasy.com ?

Because they are realy cheap!! For example:

Tamiya Panther G late version:

Here in the netherlands: +/- €40
At hobbyease (incl shipping): € 25

!!!!!

Grt
 _GOTOTOP