Hosted by Matt Leese
Robart Paint Shaker Broke
propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 05:34 AM UTC
My robart paint shaker bit the dust when the small hobby motor quit. However, its attached to the unit that it cant be removed without breaking something..Anybody have this problem,? it was quite expensive...
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 02:15 PM UTC
Where did you get that I seen one many years ago from micro mart and can not fin one anywhere.

Happy Modeling
Tom
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2004 - 02:33 PM UTC
thats funny mine just broke too after about 1 year of service..the motor burned out...

The electric motor is glued in with epoxy and is removable if your slow and careful... prob is the offcenter cam on the end that does the shakeing isn't removeable from the end of the motor shaft..

out of curosity i called robart and asked about a replacement motor...(last week no less) and the quoted price for a motor was $12.50 plus shipping.. now those little motors can be bought at radio shack for a couple bucks... so I decided not to go with repairing it or getting another i'll just make do with my dremal paint stirrer...

propboy44256
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,038 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 04:29 AM UTC
Thanks all:
I was able to get the cam of the end of the motor with a punch. The motor was glued with epoxy, I got that out. I found the replacement motor at radio shack for $2.32 and now the unit is working!

They can be bought at Squadron for $32
Delbert
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 12:10 PM UTC
hmm a punch.. i'll have to find one small enough and give that a try........... and 2.32 beats $15 plus

Edco
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 4 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 04:29 PM UTC
I purchased the battery paint mixer from bagder air brush company at airbrush city for $8.00 dollars and it works great, don.t know how I done without it for so long, just insert in the paint bottle and turn 0n in seconds all clumps of paint in botle are completly desorve in seconds, just great. Let me inform you I have to say it is Great, Great and some more Great.

Edco
Delbert
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 - 01:34 AM UTC
My cordless dremal has taken over the duties of mixing paint....

I keep a stock of the q-tips with the long wooden sticks on hand... (fill my pocket when i'm at the doctors mostly LOL.. thats what the insurance is for isn't it)....

I cut off about 3/4 of the stick... take my hobby knife carve 2 sides flat... stick the other end in my dremal... and at 7500 rpm or 15000 rpm's is don't take much to smooth out the paint..... and when it gets too cruddy or I need to mix another color right away.. forget clean up.. just grab another stick........

_GOTOTOP