Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Gonna be gone for a while...
gunnerk19
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 354 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 03:20 AM UTC
Geez, just barely got back onto the site reading somewhat regularly and a few times in chat, and got the phone call yesterday that my NG unit is going to MS for training for a few months, then I'm off to the "Big Sandbox" for 18 months...

I leave for Camp Shelby on Jan. 19th, so I'm gonna be pretty busy til then, so if I don't get back on here too much before then, wish me luck and I'll see you all when I get back home

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention... I got married Dec.16th!!

Happy happy Joy joy!!
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 04:09 AM UTC
Well,
Congratulations on the marriage ,Don.
But veries sad about the
24 month
deployment to sandboxville.I have had a few friends and fellow modelers go over there too.They are doing well.Remember,if it comes towards you,kill it.
It may be a bit weary going without modleing in the sandzone for
36 months,
but when you come home,think of all the kits that will have been re released,even though you missed the original release,when you left,
48 months ago.
Save you pay,sending your newly born 18 year old through college once you return will be well worth the time in country.
A 5 year deployment
will fly by quickly.There could be the added joy of rising through the ranks,and being the Commanding officer of your son's unit.
(++) (++)
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 392 Posts
KitMaker Network: 96 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 05:38 AM UTC
Hey Gunner,
Good Luck and Godspeed!

Chris
turrettoad13
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 607 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 07:53 AM UTC
I was wondering if you were allready here at Shelby . I've been here since the end of July . Some of the guys from your unit are allready here . I don't know if I'll still be arround when you hit the ground here . They have a free comp. lab so you can still hit the big A from time to time . Take care , and train hard , Toad out