_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
bare metal effect paste
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 73 Posts
KitMaker Network: 30 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 11:36 AM UTC
Many years ago I used a product to simulate worn through metal surfaces on AFV's etc. It came in a tube and was a metal colored paste. It was really effective! If anyone knows of a product like this I would really appreciate knowing about it. Thank You!
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 01:43 PM UTC
Welcome to Armorama.
I use a product called Rub 'n Buff. It comes in a few shades. You can find it in craft shops, and I think I saw it in Walmart as well. It is an Antiquing paste.
HTH
Chuck
animal
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,503 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,163 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 01:58 PM UTC
I have some stuff like like you are talking about. It comes in a small glass jar. the product is called Treasure Gold and it comes in gold, silver, onyxite(Natural metal). I use the onyxite all the time to get the worn metal exposed look. I pick it up at Michaels Craft stores in the artist paint section. It works great. I use a small flat brush to apply it. It can be buffed to a shinny finish if desired. To make it easy to apply I usually wet my brush with thinner to loosen the paste. You can also apply it with a Q-Tip or your finger.The jar I have is at least 4 years old. It last forever.
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 02:05 PM UTC
Thank you sir!! That is the product, I knew there was a buff in it but for the life of me could not find it anywhere on the net. Thanks again!!
gckpa2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 02:07 PM UTC
Thanks "animal" I'll also give that a shot!!
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2004 - 02:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I have some stuff like like you are talking about. It comes in a small glass jar. the product is called Treasure Gold and it comes in gold, silver, onyxite(Natural metal). I use the onyxite all the time to get the worn metal exposed look. I pick it up at Michaels Craft stores in the artist paint section. It works great. I use a small flat brush to apply it. It can be buffed to a shinny finish if desired. To make it easy to apply I usually wet my brush with thinner to loosen the paste. You can also apply it with a Q-Tip or your finger.The jar I have is at least 4 years old. It last forever.

I gotta go Christmas shopping with my wife tomorrow and I think I can stear her to Michaels. I'm always up to try a new product. Thanks for the tip Dave.
Chuck
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2004 - 04:45 PM UTC
I have some of that stuff from back in the day that I built figures and fastasy stuff. I have a jar that is a least 20 years old. I think the stuff I've got was made by Ceramachrome not even sure if they are still in business. As long as the jar stays tightly closed it never goes bad or drys out.

Dave
 _GOTOTOP