_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
DML ?
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 02:18 AM UTC
I can't tell by looking, and I don't know their new kits from the old kits, outside of that Russian Sherman I seen, now that is one of the new ones with a metal barrel I know.

What I was wondering, do they have any other new Sherman's that just came out with the new metal barrels, and extra parts.
Thank you a head of time for your answers

Kerry
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 02:28 AM UTC
At the moment the Russian M4A2 is the only Dragon Sherman that I know comes with a metal barrel. It's also the first to have rubber-band tracks (At last!) There are more threatened though...like maybe an M4A3 and M4A2 USMC (which will be a 75mm version)

Their previous Shermans were all plastic (sometimes with a PE fret) and were an amazing mixed bag of bits and pieces cobbled together from Italeri and their own moulds. With an exciting range of errors to excite the builder - hulls too long, upside down mantlets, hacking off mounting points to fit HVSS and other 'challenges'. Eventually most of these problems got solved, but only after the kit was issued several times.

ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 02:37 AM UTC
Besides the M4A2, Dragon hasn't come out with a new Sherman in a while although I hear there are plenty rumored to be near release. They just re-released the M4A1 which was welcome news. Since it was a re-release they did not upgrade it to include a metal barrel.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Thursday, December 16, 2004 - 05:22 AM UTC
Those future releases, don't seem like they are going to make it in time to be one of my Christmas gifts this year though. I figure I'll do that Russian one later.
Thanks again Alan and David for your answers.
Kerry
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 09:35 AM UTC
Hey Kerry ...If you don't want to do the Russian one you can switch the turrets with a Tamiya M4A3 kit and make a Marine M4A2 and a M4A3(w)76 sounds like two projects instead of one!! Why not! lol

happy holidays
Rick
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2004 - 02:18 PM UTC
The only problem with that is, Santa is only going to put one gift under the tree this year, and that would take more then that. So I really went crazy and told him to bring me a boat this year.

I always wanted to try out that Charles De Gaulle air craft carrier by Heller, so I told him to bring that.
That should keep me busy for a long, long time, with the way I hear it will take a lot of work to bring it up to snuff.
 _GOTOTOP