_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
The Horror, The Horror
BulletTooth
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 07:25 PM UTC
Hey All,

So I've been on the road alot for work the last couple of weeks. Just returned from Camp Lejeune in North Carolina and am trying to dive back into my Tamiya Tiger 1 Mid-Prod. The problem is, I'm having trouble deciding where to resume and end up just sitting there staring at what I have. I'm hoping you wonderful folks here can make a recommendation on how to proceed

1. The wheels - all of which need to be masked

2. The exterior camo - the grey undercoat is there, but other things need to be painted before making this attempt

3. The interior - some minor parts, but all need to be painted

4. The treads - haven't had good luck building the first track, but fortunately the diorama is going to include a busted track, so I can use it for that

5. Gunmetal parts - several parts that will be painted gunmetal need to be painted

Thanks all for your guidance. I just don't want to put this one to the side. For personal reasons, I really need to complete this little bugger!

Cheers,

BT
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 03:13 AM UTC
I can say I've been there.

Well it seems to me, that you just made a checklist of things to do. So do them in that order, first off: mask the wheels and paint them (obviously don't leave the masks on while doing the other stuff). And so on. You really know what to do. Pick up a paint brush and do it.

Best of luck
Jeff
Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 03:33 AM UTC
BulletTooth,

I'm with Jeff. Looks like you have a good list in the right order (I would finish the interior before the exterior, though). Gotta get those wheels on before painting camo and the tracks are the last thing to assemble and paint. Good luck!
capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 860 Posts
KitMaker Network: 340 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 - 07:01 AM UTC
As Frag said," finish the interior first.". I would then do the exterior painting, wheels and then tread.
capnjock
BulletTooth
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 94 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 02:21 PM UTC
Hehehehe, well thanks for the advice, all. We are now close to finished with the flat white interior and I was able to paint by base coat for the infantry that will go with it

BT
 _GOTOTOP