Place your announcements here please.
Hometown Hobbies
Paul
Visit this Community
Kharkiv, Ukraine / Україна
entire network: 705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 04:41 AM UTC
Has anybody dealed with hometown hobbies before? I orderd some PE and Friul tracks about 3 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived. Does it usually take that long for this shop to deliver orders?? Frankly, I thought delivery would be much quicker for such a well known internet shop.
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 06:21 AM UTC
That is not encouraging news. I ordered some 1/16th figures and some Hornet headsets a week ago. Their site says it takes 6-8 days to process the order but if something is out of stock, they wait to ship the order until they have everything.

Let's use this thread to keep each other updated.

Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 11:17 AM UTC
I've used Mr. Wolf many times, normally I always received an email telling me he has the order and will ship asap. If you ordered something not is stock, then you will be waiting, but if it turns into an excetional long time, he will ship what he has and either credit your card, or enclose a refund check.
he may have a large web-site, but is really a small hobby shop, with him and only a few employees. Best bet is to try giving him a call, he really is a gentleman to deal with, especially on the phone, and will do his best to resolve any problems. Usually the tie up is running out of something in stock, then having to wait himself for his distribitors to deliver.
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 11:45 AM UTC
You are in the Ukraine right? Might take some time to get there from the states. Customes and all that stuff. I've found that most online hobby shops with few exceptions, have about 1 or 2 thousand items listed and about 1 or 2 hundred actually in stock and that number might be a bit high. I'd just give it time and if it doesn't show up by the first of the year I'd give them a call. There is a lot of mail being processed right now by all mail services.
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2004 - 09:20 PM UTC
I've done business with HH for a number of times now & I can say that they've done fairly well.
peacekeeper
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 401 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 02:22 AM UTC
I've had nothing but good experiences with Hometown Hobbies. The one time my parcel was delayed, it was the post office not the shipper....kind of made me feel like I was back in Canada dealing with Canada Post where it took 14 days for a letter to get across the city of Ottawa.
Frag
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 437 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 02:42 AM UTC
I, too, have had nothing but good service from HH. I have place at least a half dozen orders with them in the last year.

Mr. Wolf tries to balance time and completeness of orders and does a very good job. I think that international shipments definitely take longer.
kbm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 678 Posts
KitMaker Network: 194 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 04:03 AM UTC
I have also dealt exyensively with Bill Wolfe and he runs an excellant internet shop. However, as already mentioned he does not keep everything in stock and it takes time for him to get it and then send it out. I imagine the international shipping explains the majority of the time you have been waiting. However, he has always responded promptly to emails and phone calls if you want to discuss it with him.

Keith
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 04:06 AM UTC
Good to know. I really was never worried and after the testimonials above, I am sure I will be quite pleased.

boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 651 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 04:40 AM UTC
One more testimonial to Bill Wolfe- I have dealt with him many times....Only once, there was a problem (caused by the Post Office) and he made good on it! I am sure your order is in good hands!
Paul
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 07:40 AM UTC
Thanks for your replies guys, those sound like encouraging news...Actually I am in US, New York to be exact so it's not the international shipping. I guess he just doesn't have my stuff in stock, although i thought PE and tracks would be in stock and easy to get since so many people use them, or is it just that - not enough supply for demand? ... I'll keep you updated on how it goes.
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 528 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 08:18 AM UTC
i got all my stuff six days after i ordered it, and my order was complete...nothing missing, so i have had good buisness with them......
TUNA
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 449 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2004 - 08:26 AM UTC
I also say "Two Thumbs Up!" for HH..

bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2004 - 04:21 AM UTC
Well, I am very dis-pleased with my first Hometown Hobbies experience. After placing my order on the 6th, hoping to get my order before Christmas, I had not heard anything back. So I place a call yesterday and couldn't get anyone. So I send an email and the response I got was not good. It explained how my order couldn't be filled and was cancelled. Geez, I wish they would have let me know before now! I feel they only let me know because I finally put some pressure on them. The whole point was so that I would have the items in time for Christmas. Now I am screwed on that one.

A hint for HH. If you can't provide a product, you shouldn't advertise it.

I guess I will be taking my business to Colorado Miniatures.

Rant over.

Paul
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 04:27 PM UTC
Following Bowjunkie's example, I e-mailed them on Sunday and still haven't recieved a reply from them... I will send another one and see what's up...
 _GOTOTOP