_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Has anyone used this thing?
dsmith
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 183 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 07:09 AM UTC
Hey guys and gals,
I just moved into my new house, and I need to get a spray booth. Do any of you have any experience with this one? I want to know if it works before I blow a wad on it.

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?MerchantID=RET01229&Action=Catalog&Type=Product&ID=82430

Thanks,
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 07:22 AM UTC
Hey Douglas i havent used that although i should think it works very well indeed!
however might it not be cheaper to make your own ?
thats what i did, and i've used it almost daily for nigh on 4 years still going strong!
good luck what ever you decide mate !
SSgt1Shot
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 535 Posts
KitMaker Network: 305 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 12:50 PM UTC
I agree seems a might pricey for a box. One could be built much cheaper with a filter system and it could be custom built to the size that suits your needs.
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 01:36 PM UTC
hmmm wanna save some bucks? theres a review on how to build your own spray booth somewere on armorama and theres pretty simple to build

Frank
ARRGGG i jsut tried lookign for it but cant find it!!!!! Maybe soemone else can tell you how, sorry
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 04:58 PM UTC

Holy Mackeral guys!!! A list price of over $600 buckolas for a spray booth!......and it's only 15" x 30"!?!.....whew!

Hey Douglas, save your money for something else....really. I'm sure the Micro Mark spray booth is a nice unit, but as has already been said, it's just an over-designed box.

I built my own and it probably cost me under $30. And everything I used was brand new.
I used a white overhead exhaust hood with built in exhaust fan, you know the kind that normally sits right over your stove in your kitchen in your "new" house you just moved into.
This sits on top of a simple box I built out of white laminated soffit board. The floor of the booth has under-floor lighting beneath a diffused sheet of polymer plastic. I did this to elliminate/reduce 'shading' since the main light source in the booth is the standard bulb in the 'hood'.
An added benefit of having both tungsten and flourescent lighting in the booth is that once painted, you can view your model in either the red-spectrum heavy tungsten, or the blue-spectrum of the flourescent........your choice.
I am in the construction field, so most of these items were available to me at discount, or free. Even so, purchasing the ingredients outright would still run you only $50. or so........
hope that helped.

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP