_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Pearl Harbor
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 02:28 AM UTC
On this the 63rd anniversary of Pearl Harbor, we remember those that gave their life to allow this nation, this world into what it is: great (excluding current problems). People ask, "Why is it that we always say that those that gave their lives made this world what it is. They died." The answer stands out vividly in this day. Yes many died, all violently, and many without even knowing what was happening or who was attacking. But those couple of bloody hours launched the country into a war that changed the world as we know it.

In this busy day (I know it is for me), take a couple of minutes to remember the dead including 1,177 that died on the Arizona most of whom are still entombed in the ship.

Jeff
bowjunkie35
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 576 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 03:52 AM UTC
Hear, hear!!

You know. On this day, I can reflect on a few things. Although I wasn't around for it, my Grandfather served in both World Wars, my Brother in Nam and I grew up with the utmost respect for our men and women of the armed forces. People have called me a war monger, but some people just don't get it. They don't realize, that war, however horrible it can be, is a precursor to peace and stability. I truly do wish I lived in a time when America was more supportive and patriotic and were more respectful to our fighting forces.
FDR was right. This is a day that will live, and has, in infamy!! I will never forget. Will you?

Let's honor those that died on this day in '41, and be thankful to those that put their lives on the line so that we can enjoy the freedoms that we do.

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 - 04:24 AM UTC
Yes let us all remember those who gave their lives for our country, and let us all remember those who served in our armed forces. They keep America a fairly safe place to live. Our country has its problems but on the whole if you think about it America with all its problems is still a better place to live than many other places in the world.

some things we dont' have to worry about too much are Ethnic Cleansing, Civil War, runaway epicidemic's, daily suicide bombers, Tanks patroling the streets, Famine, gurellia rebels in the countryside, guilty untill proven innocent court system, and many more problems that we dont' think to much about in our daily lives.

And for those who say the worst things about our soldiers, well most of them never served in the military or even thought there was an Idea of service to country out there that was greater than themselves.

Many Veterns are asked if you knew then what you know now about war, would you go again, and the anwer is almost always.. "yes without hesitation".. That says enough to me about the men who serve our country.

Vets past, present, and future I say...

Thank You.

nuff said....

_GOTOTOP