_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
the twilight zone
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 04:55 AM UTC
ever been there?its usually one figure or model,i'm there right now,the enemy is now a
Luftwaffe Pilot,every time i pick him up,he looks at me, and i look at him,i point the brush at him,and he stares me right in the eye,and says,go on i dare you,dab me...i think its called
a mental block...burnout.....straight jacket and cardboard wall time.time for some therapy
now where did i put that corkscrew?
Arthur
Am Aba Mannnich
"you dont have to be mad to model.....but it helps #:-)
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 1,958 Posts
KitMaker Network: 720 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 09:18 AM UTC
Arthur, I know what you feeling, cos Iīm with the same thing with a Monogram Mustang Boss 1970, I love this car but I just canīt finish my model....
Does it makes me nuts? #:-)
Bravo-Comm
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 525 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 03:37 AM UTC
My last time was with a R/M Fock-Wulf 190/ F-8, It clearly became apparentthat I needed a break from A/C Models and went back to Armor. Which is where I have been lately. And I have been quiet safe and happy.

DAGGER-1
Bluefalcon47
Visit this Community
Netherlands
entire network: 255 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 03:48 AM UTC
Yep, I know the feeling all too well. Seems to happen to me every one in two models LOL It's a miracle I ever finish anything #:-) #:-) #:-)
This time, it is Tamiya's Merkava Mk.I (that's right, Paulo, I still haven't finished it ).
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 06:09 AM UTC
#:-) #:-) I have been lucky here lately.....It's been quite a while since I've suffered from burnout. I hope it doesn't sneek up on me too soon...
yagdpanzer
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 415 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 06:43 AM UTC
I'm in the same boat, but it's a set of DML indicidual track links that's intimidating me.

bytepilot
Visit this Community
Karnataka, India / भारत
entire network: 381 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 12:37 PM UTC
I think my share of creeps would be the sheer number of A/C kits that I have in my stock waiting to be made! Nearly 45 A/C and 10 Armor, and I just get frightened thinking about the time and effort I need to do all those, and where I'll keep them after I'm done... SHEEESH!!!!

I also have a damaged 1/48 Academy MIG-29 waiting since 3 years to be done, and a Revell Mosquito about two years. Just gave up on modelling suddenly then...Am getting back now, thx to the A/C group build. Thanks for that, Penny !

BP.
E23C
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 70 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 29, 2002 - 08:58 PM UTC
I went through the burnout thing last year while trying to complete a Hase P-38F,then I switched back to Armour kits after a 12 year aircraft only period.Now I am building armour like its going out of style :-) The 150 plus aircraft kits sitting unbuilt in the closet stare at me every day saying "Build us"
 _GOTOTOP