_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Good way to get Ref material
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2004 - 08:48 AM UTC
Hi all
While iam waiting to move i have been spending time building up a another form of ref material.
I am sure a lot of modlers have camras , i love to walk and be outside only wish i had a dog again so i have been doing a lot of walking and taking photos i have built up quite a reference book of photos of many subjects.
Taken photos of trees for col ref the way ivey grows how bark weathers .Another one is of streams how they run col when clear and when its rained also the way that different plants grow from the banks,and the position of rocks and debris.
Also seen a lot of horses col sheen defination shading,and also what they look like when wet and muddy. Also when i go to the beach waves col sand movement.
I also put people in to again giving great col ref for skin tone hair,beards shading for garments
Buildings,brick work and you can get up real close wooden fences stone walls ground terrain .
I then make sections for each area and place them in my reference album it is a wonderful way of having a on hand ref ,you can put them on pc if you wish but call me old fashioned but i find the album method much better.So always take your camra out with you its a wonderful and enjoyable way to get ref material you keep fit and you have the ref material that YOU want.
Happy snapping Cheers Tango 20 chris
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2004 - 05:53 PM UTC
Yeah, I've also being doing that since getting the digital camera.

Another good source is your local newspaper. I take clippings of anything i think may come of use in the future.

_GOTOTOP