_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Help with posting pics
Lt-Shultz
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 101 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 03, 2004 - 07:52 AM UTC
Sorry to be a pain, how do I go about posting a pic once I have uploaded it to "My Gallery"
I have tried but am having problems. Not sure what I have to type in......

Thanks

TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 03, 2004 - 08:13 AM UTC
Howdy Lt. Schultz,

I'm certainly no expert on the subject....but I'll give it a go.

First, left-click on your thumbnail (in your Gallery) to enlarge it.
Then, right-click on your enlarged picture and that will bring up another box. Go to the bottom of that list and left-click on Properties, which then brings upa small blue box.
Within that blue box (right in the middle) is your image 'address'. Hold down the left button and drag from left to right all the way across the address, creating an encompassing blue-tinted box on top of all the letters in that address.
Then right-click, which in turn brings up another box. Within that box click Copy.
Now. Inside the body of your post you need to either left-click on the '[img]' button which will create a set of image 'brackets' within your post, or you can just type the image brackets if you so choose.
Once these image brackets are within your post. You once again draw from left to right that blue-tinted overlay over the words "image goes here" or whatever it says there, and then right-click again bringing up yet another box where you then left-click on the word that says 'Paste'.
Volia!!

hth.

Tread.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 03, 2004 - 08:56 AM UTC
Treads explanation works. But even more simple is to go to the large image and look down just below the image. Click the "copy" button on the image location line and then simply paste that into your post.

For example I edited your original post and put one of your images in that. Just hit edit on your post to see what was added.

Cheers,
Jim
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 03, 2004 - 09:51 AM UTC
:-) :-)

Figured I was going about it the 'long' way..... What can I say? Those of us not raised in the Computer World will probably be challenged by these machine's till the end of our days.......

Thanks very much Jim, for both the gentle support of my 'short' bus route, and the valuable pointer about the "image location line"........I will definitely have to give that a try next time.

Tread.
 _GOTOTOP