_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Spray Booth
SkyWrench
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 60 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 - 12:54 PM UTC
My wife just had me replace the range hood over the stove with a new microwave oven that doubles a a range hood. And me being the cheap S.O.B. that I am, thought I may be able to use the old range hood as a hood for a home built spray booth. Now, I read the Digital Diamond about the water based spray booth, and they used a bathroom fan set-up. Only thing is I use enamels. So, I'm wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this, or any electricians can tell me if they know is a rangehood fan brushless?(cause I think a brushless fan will work around flameable stuff, I think.)
Before I go through the trouble of constructing this marvel, just wanted to know if anybody had ever thought about it or actually tried it? I would really hate to blow up the house. That would be ungood.
Thanks in advance for any inputs, opinions, witty sayings or name calling.
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 - 01:15 PM UTC
i think, they're called blower fan...
expensive than the 'brush' fan...
i rarely used enamel so i just stick to the brush fan design. I used 6 in cooling fan for PC
capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 860 Posts
KitMaker Network: 340 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 - 02:35 PM UTC
I only use acrylic so a range hood works for me.
capnjock
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 - 08:27 PM UTC
Skywrench, if you took the old range hood down, then you should be able to check out how it is built. Most ranges are separate from the fan part, to the motor, just think if that cooking grease was getting in the motor, now it might be all over the fan blades, but there should be a wall dividing the blades from the motor. Then if that is the case OK

_GOTOTOP