Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
West Point, NY
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 06:20 AM UTC
Yep, the grumpyoldman drove up to West Point last week to meet another member of Armorama LogansDad. About a 90 minute drive, on a day off. Weather was lousy, rain.... all the way up, all day, all the way home..... going up it was light, but the drive down it started really coming down.
I can honestly tell you, that I had a great day. Haven't been to West Point in years, and the new building is great. Took a lot of photos, as soon as I edit them, I'll start posting them.
The day was great, and LogansDad is a great guy.... we spent most of the day laughing, and talking models. Then off for some late lunch, and a trip down the block to the Soldier Shop.
He was having a sale on some books, and I picked up a few at a good discount, and he was also sharply discounting the few remaining kits he had. I walked out with about 150 bucks worth of kits and figures, and books for 64 bucks. Not a bad day at all, best of all, besides the company, was I scarfed up an old DML Panhard kit, that I've been looking for, for quite some time at the startleing price of 10 bucks.
Hopefully the next time LogansDad comes north, I can Shanghai, Pvt Parts, for a day of fellowship and fun.

Just to keep you up to date:::: here's what LogansDad and I actually look like:

I'm the good looking one........ LOL LMAO
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 06:40 AM UTC
Which would be the good looking one ??? LOL
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 06:50 AM UTC
You're right, whcih one is which? :-)

I've only had the priveledge of meeting Keith Magee down here in Dallas. I know there are a couple of others in the area, but have yet to hook up. Keep trying to do it at the two annual model shows, but only Keith and I seem to make it. One day hope to meet several of you. Maybe at an IPMS national show . I've been to the Dallas and Okla City ones and they are grand.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 07:56 AM UTC
last time I see a couple of heads like that was on a wanted poster :-) only joking glad you both had a great day.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 09:45 AM UTC
The one who took the picture was the guard (rent-a-cop)....
and she looked a little like Yoda....... :-) :-) :-) :-)

OK....OK.... I'm sorry, she wasn't that bad....... Sailors are famous for "any port in a storm", but I would have prefered staying at sea..............OK OK Now stop being bad..... she was very nice and tolerated an oldman running around like a 12 year old..... :-) :-) :-) :-)
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 07:03 PM UTC
Good to see what you guy's realy look like
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 07:07 PM UTC
:-) :-) :-) good one alan
Dave what are you on about, yoda is extremely attractive :-)
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 - 12:16 AM UTC
Dave, some day when you are older......
I'll tell you my drunken Yoda story......... :-) :-) :-) :-)
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 29, 2004 - 01:40 AM UTC
Now I'm scared... drunk and Yoda should never be in the same sentence as story!!
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 10:04 AM UTC
The Horror! The Horror!

Whatta ya know, Dave- we're both SO good looking they can't tell which is which! :-) :-)

O.K, I admit it, I'm the shorter one- Dave is actually kneeling in this photo! He's over 2.25m tall #:-)

But I'm not going to be held responsible for damages when my mug burns out all of your CRT's. Yeesh- and to think I was actually sober when that pic was taken...

Dave, I want to thank you for a great day. The weather wasn't the greatest, but I haven't laughed that much in months! As for me being a great guy & good company, well, that's just the Pot calling the Kettle( & by Pot I am not necessarily referring to our bellies... :-) )black.
What Grumpy neglected to tell all of you was that HE paid for lunch, after driving 90 miles in the driving rain ( uphill, no doubt) !
Thanks to his sharp eye, I also picked up a copy of Steven J. Zaloga's Shermans in Combat [2] for a measly 15.00 american.( same shop where Dave picked up the Panhard)Christmas present (to me) from my sons

Well, Dave, thanks again for a great day, & i'll go ahead & post a pick of you leaning on my shoulder while rising to your true, full height :-) :-) #:-) ...

cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 11:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The Horror! The Horror!

Whatta ya know, Dave- we're both SO good looking they can't tell which is which! :-) :-)

Yeah you're right. Where's the good lookin' fella? :-)
lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 2,832 Posts
KitMaker Network: 680 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 02, 2004 - 12:25 PM UTC
:-) :-) :-) that photo is better than the other one, it looks like you both had a great time.