_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
First Resin Figure
turtle
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 02:32 PM UTC
My loving wife just bought me Airborne Miniatures USMC Sniper Team......I love that Woman Now to my question "How do you blend the seam lines at the attachment points?" I am really looking forward to building this one....Thanks in advance - SEMPER FI
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 02:38 PM UTC
i'm not a figure guy but i'm pretty sure they use putty for the gaps, and sand down the stuff that pops up..
-shain
Cougar
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 266 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 04:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"How do you blend the seam lines at the attachment points?"

When you say blend, do you mean "make them dissapear" or "blend them so that the lines line up like normal seams on normal clothes".

Cougar
turtle
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 05:15 PM UTC
Make them disappear
Cougar
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 266 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 26, 2004 - 05:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Make them disappear

Once you've put the limbs on, wait for the glue to dry then give the figure a wash in luke warm water with some dish washing detergent. After that, you can use normal putty (Tamiya works nicely and sands easily)

You can also use super glue, but don't put to much on or you might end up with it running down the figure.

Cougar
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

when applying filler mate, put some masking tape on each side of the seam that you are trying to fill and apply the filler in small amounts.

once you are satisfied with your work and before the filler dries, remove the masking tape, this stops any overspill.

when you go too sand/ file down the excess filler use masking tape around the seam again, this help protect the surrounding detail from over sanding or filing, hope this helps

Thanks for a great tip!!!
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 28, 2004 - 10:31 PM UTC
Ola guys

There is a better/less agrresive alternative for the sanding of putty on figures. cured putty is easily smoothed out with acetone-free Nailpolish remover. Just put some on a Q-tip and whipe over the putty. Where you can come with the Q-tip the putty will dissolve where it doesn`t reach completely it will smooth it out.
The risk of damaging your model in this method is minimal.... Unless you use the wrong Nailpolish. The one with Acetone will ruin your complete model.

_GOTOTOP