Local, Regional, or International.
Mons Model Meet
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
entire network: 793 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 11:08 PM UTC
Went to a show over the WE. Mons Model meet. The participation was good, and the show a success. I entered my recently finished LAV into competition and was somewhat disappointed not to have been awarded a prize. Not due to the prize, but I like the souvenir it represents (helps my senile mind to place the events). In any event at the end they called off the special prizes and lo and behold, I got a special award from the Minister of finance!! (perhaps I can get a reduction on my tax rates!! :-) Well the strangest thing is that lately, I've "bombed out in the standard categories, and picked up these special awards. A couple of weeks back at a show in Ligny France I also zeroed on the competition, but then received the Presidents award. Prior to that no award but a best of show. Question is, am I doing things right or wrong? I'm not really certain anymore! Oh well it doesn't really mattter as I enjoy myself, have fun, and still end up with a momento from each event.

Jack
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 11:29 PM UTC
Jack
what is the basic rule of the Olympics again (or was that made up to comfort the losers ?)
Jan
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 11:42 PM UTC
Jan,

You are a font of knowledge. I hope to be able to admire your work, at one of these events!!

Jack
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2002 - 12:45 AM UTC

I gotta run now, I'm already an hour late for the gym. All my colleagues are gone already. That's what Armorama (while waiting for someone's e-^mail) can do to you.

PS : Change that flag, buddy. Mongolia is not at all as nice and tropical as most other countries you have sported thus far. Except if you thrive on sheeps milk, cheeps fat and prefer cheep as a partner to... well, that's another story. Maybe when we meet at one of those model fairs.
Arthur
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,454 Posts
KitMaker Network: 489 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2002 - 01:40 AM UTC
If at first you dont sucseed,shoot the judge,i'm taking a shotgun to Folkstone.
Arthur
Am Alba Mannich
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2002 - 01:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If at first you dont sucseed,shoot the judge,i'm taking a shotgun to Folkstone.

That is the best tip I had in years.... #:-) Lock 'n load.....
CaptainJack
Visit this Community
Luxembourg, Belgium
Posted: Monday, August 26, 2002 - 02:32 AM UTC
Yeah, but I'l suffer it out until I find a nicer flag. In the meantime, what can I say? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaab Baaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Jack Khan
 _GOTOTOP