_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
IPMS Supports Our Troops
woltersk
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 1,026 Posts
KitMaker Network: 113 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 01:28 PM UTC
This is the Great Models Webstore's 'Website of the Week.'

Sounds like a good cause and a great way to support our deployed troops!

http://www.ipmsusa.org/Features/Baghdad_Hobby_Club/Supporting_Troops.htm " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.ipmsusa.org/Features/Baghdad_Hobby_Club/Supporting_Troops.htm
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 02:01 PM UTC
Come on guys what do you say we start our own drive. Maybe we can contact one of thier members and donate there. Let's kick this around as i'm sure some of us have a model that we'll never get around to building. Or i'm getting in to deep.
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 03:20 PM UTC
I think its a great idea i know if i was in that situation i would appreciate it.
Tango 20 chris
wolfsix
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 754 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hi all

Hey mother, great idea. I know my stash could use a little thinning out. With the holidays coming this is a great way to show the guys and gals serving very far from home that they are not forgotten. I'm sure many of us have kits sitting on a shelf just gather dust. This is a way to help some folks out, and make room for new kits. Besides, what would military modeling be without the military.
Now to the logistical part of the project. Should we have a central gathering point ? A point where all the stuff is collected before being sent to the troops. Or, do we just mail the stuff out individually with a note sayng "from Armorama" .
There are so many reasons why this is a good idea. Whether you support the war or not, forget the politics. This is about helping some folks that enjoy the same hobby we do. Correct me if I'm wrong is that not what this sites all about. Sorry if I got a little wordy, I've had way to much coffee this morning.

Harry
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 06:28 AM UTC
All,
This is a great program. I have been in contact with SGT Flyte in Baghdad. I am getting ready to send another package myself. Here is the adress to send donations to:

SGT Dean D. Flyte
ISG/MCT#4/ SCP-B
Camp Slayer
APO AE 09342

Thay are happy to receive anything you would like to send. Remember, you have to fill out a customs form to send the package overseas, local post office can help you out with this. Thanks in advance to all who send something to support our troops.
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,936 Posts
KitMaker Network: 336 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2004 - 06:48 AM UTC
A little reminder / caution the hardest thing to ship is anything flammable (ie. paint, glue, filler putty, etc.) cannot go air from US and there isn't great ground delivery to Bagdad yet.
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 22, 2004 - 11:34 AM UTC
Is there anyone on active duty in any branch of service here(armorma) in the US that is shipping out or units sending equipment over to Iraq any time soon? Maybe, long shot, we could send out with those units. I'm checking on two members of the Air Force that routinely fly in and out ( said) If i hear anything i'll pass it along.
 _GOTOTOP