_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Finger Nail Filler Question ?
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 01:59 PM UTC
Finger Nail Filler Question ?; It's sort off like the resin putty but you can apply it with a brush and easier to use.

I got some from my brothers girlfriend who works for a nail place. They use it to fill in nails; it's a two part systems one powder and one liguid '"it's called acrylic nail system liquid & acrylic nail sysytem powder"

Has anyone ever used this stuff and does it work well on plastic because I bought some and I don't want to use it if it will hurt the plastic and resin AFV's.

I already tested it on and old figure I painted and it worked great I was just wondering if it would work on filling gaps on AFVs and if it is better to use then the putty; it dries clear and fills like a nice size gap in a figure I used.

Have any of use have any good things to say or bad things about painting it or sanding it. Or just any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Modeling
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 02:21 PM UTC
i've got quite a bit of lady friends so i guess i know a lil about this stuff, anyways, i think it would work well, if it works on a plastic figure, i'm sure it would work just the same on a plastic AFV, i have no experience with resin at all, so i'm blind there.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 02:24 PM UTC
Honestly - don't know and I don't recall any threads regard the actual 'putty' stuff being used.

You're breaking new ground.
tom
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 681 Posts
KitMaker Network: 193 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 02:44 PM UTC
Should I do a news, or review or article or some thing when I get done useing it. How and what would it be under because I don't want to post some place wrong.

I have never wrote anything like that before who should I asked for help?

So I might have struck Gold maybe. It was really cheap also it was like

powder was 1/4 oz

liquid was 1/3 oz

All for $5.00

I might sell this stuff on ebay?

Happy Modeling
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2004 - 02:49 PM UTC
A review or feature would be great.

A feature would be more of a How To vs. a review which is more opinion of a given manufacturer product.

I'd recommend a how to.

They're easy enough to do, you simply write up an introduction of a sentence or three describing the back ground. Then a simple well put step by step on how you use the product. I would take pictures as you go and reference them (such a new product would lend itself to be both written and visual).

I would say that it should end up in the General Modeling area because everyone can use it from dioramas, to ships, to AC, to Armor, to figures....
I'd put that in the submission so it doesn't get lost.

If you have questions about it just ask.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 - 12:49 PM UTC
I'm scratching my expanding bald spot wondering what this product is????
I've never seen it..... sounds interesting though, and will now have to scope out the finger nail section of the local drug store..... :-) :-) :-) :-)
Finger nail section= = = women
Finger nail section = = =WOMEN...... !!!!
why didn't I think of that before........... :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP