_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Of milliput and clear plastic...
spectre
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 03:38 PM UTC
what sites have a good selection of milliput and clear imitation water (well how much of a selection can you have but hopefully you get my meaning ) Prefferably places close to NY... better yet, anyone know where I can get this from a storefront? does pearl paint carry them?
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 09:43 PM UTC
I use to get A&B epoxy from Pearl Paints in Paramus, (Basicly the Yank Milliput) and they do carry clear casting resin, and various other mold making and casting resins, at the Paramus store. I'm sure the Canal Street store has a much better selection. (been years since I've gone to Canal Street store, ....
Don't even know if it's still there.
Now I get my milliput from the hobby shop up the road from me.

I'll be going there later today, PM me and tell me what exactly you are looking for, and I'll check, and ckeck the prices too.
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 - 11:54 PM UTC
If your luck is anything like mine Dave, then them smaller towns forget every year. I thought I was going to an old hobby shop, I haven't been to in years, and come to find out nobody in town even remembers it.
I went to the store where it once was, which is a bicycle shop now, and that guy said it never was there, cause he has been here 15 years and, he has always been a bicycle shop.

Well, I said 20 years ago this was one of the biggest hobby stores around, bigger then any other in all the other towns. Where it went who knows.

All they got now is just a little one that opens a couple days a week, if they feel like it. So that was a 30 mile drive for nothing.

I don't know how hobby stores are out that way, but they come and go over night around here, like that one, it was the biggest, and it disappeared.

I thought it was well established, from all the years before, but they could have moved to a major city.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004 - 12:29 AM UTC
Been shopping at F&M for years Kerry, in fact when I lived in the old place I use to ride my bike/side car out the 40 miles to it. Then I got a job out this way, and would hit it going to work. Now I live about 5 miles away.... but no more bike/sidecar.
He has a good selection of kits, but is mainly a model railroad shop, so lots of do-hicky detailing thing-a-ma-bobs....for creative gizmoloigy LOL
Also carries a complete line of Gunze, Tamyia, Model Masters, Polly S and Floquil paints, and other products by them... putty, expoxy, fillers, glues etc.He use to carry Humbrol's also, but alast.... no more.
All in all a decent hobby shop for supplies.
 _GOTOTOP