_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
How can I put Pictures in my posts?
Verboten
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
entire network: 202 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 02:00 PM UTC
I am sure that this has been asked countless times, but I'll ask again. How can I put photos in my posts? I tried putting prohots in my gallery, I figured that out, but they wouldn't fit. Anyway, How can I get them in my posts instead?
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 02:19 PM UTC
Howdy Gunther,

first of all the photo(s) that you are going to post must in reasonable in size so that people with slower connection can view them with pleasure. that's why some server restricted large photos to be dowloaded or uploaded.
to upload to your gallery, first i presume your photos are large. so you must used any phot editing software ie Adobe photoshop or if u're using MS windows, they have presinstalled a free image editing sofware. edit the properties of ur image... i always keep my image at 500-600 pixels width while the resolution is set between 70-100 pixel/inches. After this is done , save it in .jpeg format to reduce the size. then upload to your gallery

other method, u must use image hosting server available on the market..some are free some are paid. upload all your images to this server and then put a link in your post. For example:

Code:

[ img ]http://myimageserver.com/me/myphoto1.jpg[ /img ]

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 09:31 AM UTC
Hi Gunther,
Jim has made this function very easy.
First of all your pictures must be hosted on the net. The 3MB picture hosting on this site is ideal. Other picture hosting sites, like Webshots, will not let you use your pictures elswhere. Silantra is correct about editing your pics. The maximum width should be 600 pixals and a JPEG format. The smaller the file size the more pics you will be able to get in your gallery. My pics are no bigger than about 60MB, more usually about 30-40MB. Once you have pics in your gallery, click on the one you want to post. When it is open, scroll down a little, you will see the image URL with a "COPY" button beside it, click on that button. That will copy the image URL into your note pad. Go to your post position the cursor and press Ctrl+V. you will get something like this:
[IMGhttp://photos.kitmaker.net/data/12029/1325HurriIIC10.jpg/IMG]

I have edited this URL so it can be seen.
Unedited you get this:

That really is all there is to it, now. There are other methods, but this is by far the easiest. If you have any problems, post again or send me a PM. Don't worry if you do have problems, I can assure you, you would not be the first and you wont be the last.
HTH.
Mal
Verboten
Visit this Community
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
entire network: 202 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 - 02:45 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies. I will be sure to try making my pictures smaller. I think that is my real problem, because I tried to put them on my Gallery, but it said that they were too big. Thanks
 _GOTOTOP