_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tamiya Superfine Airbrush parts
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,745 Posts
KitMaker Network: 221 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 11:41 AM UTC
Does anyone know of a source for parts for the Tamiya Superfine Airbrush besides Coast Air? I'm looking to get a replacement nozzle and it costs $27 bucks though them for it. So does anyone else know of a source that might be cheaper?

Thanks

Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 07, 2004 - 11:49 AM UTC
Scott,

i dont know about another source in the USA but if u want, u can try rainbowten from Japan. Once i damaged the SF needle and almost a year i'm looking for replacement. COst Air have it but it's expensive. Then try to find on the net, and still cant managed to get the needle. After a while (about a year), i emailed rainbow ten and asked if they have the needle. Then. they replied and said it's available for 770yen. What u need to do is get the part number (coast air have it) and send to rainbow ten.

cheers!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 12:35 AM UTC
Holy Moley.... bit of a difference between 770 yen and 27 bucks..... even with postage....... !!!!!
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 08, 2004 - 11:03 AM UTC
I was told that an Iwata needle will work in the SF ...maybe other parts will work too. I can find needles at the local art store ...How did you manage to damage the nozzle?

Rick
 _GOTOTOP