_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Eagle Modeling Tool....Great offer
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 03:41 PM UTC
Friends,

I just received a great offer from John "Jeepney"Mendoza. John offered to write the current Eagle Modeling Tool in Java, so Mac and Linux users could also use it.

I gladly accepted the offer and gave him my permission to develop and distribite the jEMT (Java Eagle Modeling Tool).

Well, this kind of input and involvement was the reason for starting the EMT project in the first place. With the Java version coming up, I think it's fair to say that the "E" in EMT is no longer valid. It's no longer the Eagle tool, but it became the Armorama tool....

I'd like to thank Jeepney for his offer !! These people make Armorama the best place on the www !!! Thanks John !!

We'll keep you posted on when and how you can obtain copies from the Modeling Tool.

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 03:44 PM UTC
Im lost!

What is the eagle modelling tool?
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 05:28 PM UTC
PlasticBattle,

For more info, follow these URL's:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/3281&page=1

and

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/3306&page=1
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
entire network: 835 Posts
KitMaker Network: 350 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 06:47 AM UTC
I don't know how I missed it but that looks AWSOME! Great job. How long until its finished or is it now? That looks like a great tool.

Sorry my daughter wants all the faces up on my post again, sorry about the mess.
#:-) :-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 08:49 AM UTC
The jEMT (Java Eagle Modelling Tool) beta 1 is ready for distribution. It already has Eagle's blessings

So now we have two versions of Eagle's tool:
1. Eagle Modelling Tool - easy to download, easy to install, works only on Windows.
2. Java Eagle Modelling Tool - program has to be emailed to you, you have to install a Java Runtime Environment, works (I hope) on all operating systems (Mac, Linux, etc).

Just PM me if you want a copy of the Java Eagle Modelling Tool. Please include your email address. This tool, and all subsequent versions of it, will be distributed FREE to all Armorama enlisted personnel and we intend to keep it that way.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 - 02:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't know how I missed it but that looks AWSOME! Great job. How long until its finished or is it now

Andrew,

It works right now, but only a scale calulator. I'll add some features the next month. Here you can think of a colour cross reference table, the best of tips' n tricks from aramorama users (this is gonna take longer cause of all the permissions I've got to get), etc.

So it works and soon will be updated to the real thing.
 _GOTOTOP