Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
wow, its been a while
meissen
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 257 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 03:46 PM UTC
how time flies when there isnt any for modeling........i didnt think itd ever happen to me, but i have lost the desire to model. school and extracirriculars seem to be the culprit. i have heard from many people that around my age they stopped modeling to pursue other interests. i was just wondering if there anyone else out there who has that teenage anxst interfering with modeling? its nice to be back posting at least
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 05:22 PM UTC
Welcome back Justin!
Now get that plastic out and dive right back into it. There is always room for modeling!

Best wishes,

Garry
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 01:20 AM UTC
Nice to see you back Justin.....
Believe me, it's not just a teenage thing...... :-) :-)
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 01:50 AM UTC
Hi Justin,

I think most people have 'stopped' building at one time or other. You start building simple kits when your around 10, they are nice, but not special. Then the hormones kick in, and girls become more interesting than models.. ( well that was in my case what happened anyway :-) ) Then there is a time in life when so many other things seem to take centre stage, school/university exams, starting work/ a career, love ( or the break up of love) that models seem to fall by the wayside. But the fire is still burning, believe you me. One day you think, I fancy building ...(insert favourite model here).. and you start alover again. For some people these gaps are very short, for others they can be very long. I had a long gap when I was travelling about a bit and lived either on peoples couch or in my truck (HGV, or 18 wheeler for you yanks)

Don't worry, it will al come back

Cheers
Henk