TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Lenard Nimoy and Deforrest Kelly
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 04:24 PM UTC
Having one of those minds that loves history little things just get my attention. I'm channel surfing and see this old show called the Virginian on the Hallmark channel.....who cares...so still flipping, I eventually spin it around again. Theres Deforrest Kelly playing what else... a doctor on an Army post...I stop a bit and watch.....shock of shocks it's Lenard Nimoy who's his patient...I kid you not...i probably would have had a heart attack if Shatner showed up. Oh, if you don't know who Kelly and Nimoy are then just continue on.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 08:53 AM UTC
Man, what a wild story Steve...Quite a coincidence, eh?...or did those two plan it? I wonder what year that flick was made? Any Idea?

Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:24 AM UTC
It predated Star Trek. That might explain the great chemistry those two had on the show as they had worked together before. The "animosity" btwn Spock and Bones was one of the linchpins of its appeal.
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 01, 2004 - 11:46 AM UTC
Another ironic piece of casting. Remember the episode where the crew were set to recreate the Gunfight at the OK Corral, but as the bad guys? Well Deforest Kelly played one of the Earps in a movie by that name.

Nemoy and Shatner both showed up a couple of times in episodes of The Twilight Zone.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 12:49 AM UTC
I guess it was fate, then that led this bunch of guys together to form one of the greatest crews in science fiction history...the chemistry that these men shared is hard to match today...Even if some of the story lines were pretty cheesy, The actors themselves never failed.
Gunny
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 - 07:40 PM UTC
So many great actors were on Twilight zone. Telly Savalas (with HAIR !) Bronson, Lee Marvin.