_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Health and Safety
Have a question about what is safe or an experience that might warn others?
Hepa type Air Cleaner and Airbrush Use
BillyBishop
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 347 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 02:06 AM UTC
Hi all. I recently purchased a Hepa Type floor model air cleaner.

Can I run it safely when airbrushing?

Do I need worry about igniting the excess spray?

I have a spray booth with filter but don't have it set up with a window exhaust (my wife is against the vent in the windo since I will be using the airbrush in the upstair front of the house).

Cheers, Michael

straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:18 AM UTC
Author, if your hepa filter machine is anything like mine, you got no worry about igniting the excess spray, what you haft to worry about is replacing the 20 dollar charcoal pre filters all the time, and that 100 dollar hepa filter way before the manufactuer says you should.

The fans on any good equipment will be after the filters, which mine is a Bonaire, I wished I would of bought an Orick now, cause you can wash their filters, you just haft to put up with that static charge noise.

By any chance is it an Oric, with that static charge noise, if it is, just don't have it in the same room while your spraying. I have no idea about that static electric charge when it snaps, but it can't be to dangerous, they say they use the same system in US submarines, and they handle a lot worse then paint spray.

But I still wouldn't use it in the same room though, unless you did find out from somebody that could tell you all the safty factors.
 _GOTOTOP