_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
about hannants...
spectre
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 235 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 02:19 PM UTC
do any us users know hannant's avg shipping time to the US east coast? I must know how must longer i must wait
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,307 Posts
KitMaker Network: 788 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 06:55 PM UTC
It usually takes about two weeks in the UK, so I would guess 3-4 weeks to the US depending on whether you chose sea or air mail. Surface mail can take 6-8 weeks, but that's down to the post office, not Hannants.
I've always had good service from them, but due to the size of the business thay are not the fastest shippers in the world! They don't have a small shop, they have a warehouse and thousands of orders a week!
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 09:36 PM UTC
spectre your guess is as good as mine! i have frequently waited for upto 4 weeks here in the u.k. for in-stock current items i dont tend to use them now !
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:10 AM UTC
I have ordered from hannants a few times. Took between 2 and 4 weeks to sweden with the cheaper ground postage rate. Normal I guess. They ahve a good selection and is very realiable if item is in stock.

The biggest factor at the moment against Hannants and one you guys in the States will feel the most, is the strength of the British pound.
You pay postage as well. I have changed to hollands Mol plastic modelbouw who advertise here, as over €40 the postage is free in Europe. Not the same quantity of stock but good company to deal with.
I would only use Hannants now for something I cant get anywhere else!
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
entire network: 5,182 Posts
KitMaker Network: 242 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 03:44 AM UTC
Hi Spectre!

So far I haven't had any problem with Hannants - and have waited, for the same type of delivery, for 5 days to three weeks

I know it's strange...
My advice is to allow one more week and than email Hannants. A fellow modeler from our modeling association (AMA - Almada's Modeling Association) had a similar problem and they where understanding, and solved the problem!!

Good Luck

Skipper
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 07:40 AM UTC
Only ordered from them for the hard to find stuff, which they seem to always have. And have no complaints about service. Most of the time it took at least three weeks, but closer to 4 to get package.
 _GOTOTOP