Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
"Happy Old Man"
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:03 PM UTC
Well, today I'm a pretty happy old man.
After working the past several years, a rotating shift, working 7 days between days off, for straight time, myself and the other 3 guys in the boiler room finally convinced the state that we really did deserve to work 5 day shifts, not 7 day shifts for straight time. So for now on, I work a rather normal 5 day week.
I found that out last night when I went to work, and to top it off, putting the icing on the cake..... On Wednesday I submitted 10 different schedules covering the 3 shifts, and a relief man, and they accepted the one with..... GET THIS..... no more rotating shifts.......
So today I really am a happy camper. I now work a steady midnight shift. I can now see the Grumpyoldman taking a class or two at the local community college this spring.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:14 PM UTC
Many congrat's, Dave...Good things come to those who wait...Boiler Room? What kind of work do you do, Dave?..I design and buy boiler room equipment for a mechanical contracting company here in PA....We may have something else in common besides Testors in our veins!

Gunny
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:14 PM UTC
Congrats Grumpyoldman

Will you change your callsign then? Prettyhappyoldmanformerlyknownasgrumpyoldman

Have one on me
PvtParts
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,876 Posts
KitMaker Network: 626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 11:48 PM UTC
Good for you Dave! Bring some normalcy into your life..................................................................NAHHHH!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 12:55 AM UTC
Just a plain old "Operating Engineer" at the local state insane asylum........ LOL
And remembering it really is a State Insane Asylum..... I could go to work tonight and find we are back on rotating shifts....... LOL>>>>>> LMAO
garrybeebe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 1,969 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 01:20 AM UTC
Good news Dave! Rotating shifts realy sucks, as does a 7 day work week. I'm glad for you!

Cheers,

Garry
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 01:35 AM UTC
Lucky you Dave.
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 03:50 PM UTC
Congratulations Dave, glad to hear that things are looking up and going your way for a change...You deserve it.
Mary
Bus
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
entire network: 846 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 07:58 AM UTC
Congrats Dave!Good to hear it!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 10:14 AM UTC
LOL.... the fun part of working at a State Insane Asylum..... for months they bit*hed about the schedule so now we have steady shifts, and now they bit*ch about what shift they got.....
hard to tell the difference between the employees and the patients sometimes. But since the contract says "assigned by seniority", there is not much that can change. The most senior guy isn't going to give up the day shift. The worse that can happen to me is the guy with more seniority takes the midnight shift, ( he's got a week more seniority than me) and I end up with the 2-10 shift. Told him I didn't care.... I'd rather have Monday and Tuesday off anyway.... I'd be off every Holiday, and then get my Holiday Overtime when I come in on Wednesday. And he'll be working every Hoilday. Especially if the Senior man (my cousin) pulls seniority and takes the Holiday off. LOL
He's thinking about it......... either way doesn't matter to me what shift it is...... just happy now, not having to work 7 days straight. Hell, I'd even take the relief shift if it would shut them up, and stop all the cry-babying they do..... :-) :-) :-) :-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 10:42 AM UTC
Dave, I'm sure you'll find something else to be grumpy about if you look hardenough. Wouldn't want to change your name now. As to seniority, know what...the hell with the cry-babies you take the shift you want. You earned your seniority and you've put up with all the lousy working coditions for years to earn it.
PvtParts
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 12:07 PM UTC
Dave....Take what they give ya and enough of the lady!ng...Im getting SOOOOOOOO. tired of you being ..GRUMPY...LOL !

Edit: Next time you force me to walk 20 miles up hill in the snow with no shoes..I'll think once...Huh..Doh..LOL
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 12:54 PM UTC
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) next time, I'll cut off your feet and you'll walk on bloody stumps...... :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Shiver me timbers laddiee......
Calico Davy something or other......... LOL
PvtParts
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 02:00 PM UTC
For you Dave..I,d walk a foot in my stumps!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 11:39 PM UTC
Hey John.... the old buzzards are gathering for lunch (about 12 noon) at Alexis on Wednesday, if you are free, you are invited.... maybe that boss of yours will give you time off....... :-) :-) :-) :-)

For those that don't know it, John lives a few miles from me, and we actually do get together and drive people crazy in person.......
We also have affordable rates to entertain you at parties, weddings, Bar-Mitzvas, etc. Tomato throwing is allowed and encouraged.