_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Favorite Model
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 147 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 02:30 PM UTC
what is you favorite model of all time. I need to get some more models and i was wondering what i should get, if you know where you got it and how much it was that would be helpful

thankz

nick
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 03:09 PM UTC
My favourite so far has been the Tamiya 1/32 F-14A Tomcat. It was the first model I did that I felt comfortable putting on a few scratch built pieces and it was an absolute blast to put together! It went together with very little filler needed.
Neill
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,255 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 05:51 PM UTC
M4 Sherman by DML/Dragon or Tamyia

John
straightedge
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 1,352 Posts
KitMaker Network: 571 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 07:51 PM UTC
Nick, you got to go with your own heart on this one. What kind of models excite you the most, what subject, it is when you have your heart behind you, that is when you have the most fun.

Now it is good to join group builds, but all the other models, they are going to be at your home, and what do you want to look at, to have to show your family, and friends.

Kerry
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 08:42 PM UTC
my favorite model so far is Tamiya jadgpanther

RIMA
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
entire network: 285 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 08:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Nick, you got to go with your own heart on this one. What kind of models excite you the most, what subject, it is when you have your heart behind you, that is when you have the most fun.

Now it is good to join group builds, but all the other models, they are going to be at your home, and what do you want to look at, to have to show your family, and friends.

Kerry

That the spirit Kerry right on I couldn't say better, Nick follow your own feeling. And you could get as proud as John and Silantra are about there models.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 09:15 PM UTC
All models have a certain appeal ... thats why we buy them! Probably the single most exciting model .. from it was announced to I bought it, was Trumpeters Leopold! Next in line is any of their 1/16 T34s. I would probably have gotten as excited about their morser and rail wagens, but I know that realistically I wont build it for a few years, so I havent purchsed it. Dragons recent 3´n´1 251 was another saliva inducing purchase! None of these have been built
... yet!
Of the built models .... Italeri´s chevy gun truck would be # 1. Dragons scud launcher was a monster to build, but was exciting and is a fine display model.

My least favourite built models are Italeri´s LAV TUA and Academys Abrams. Probably a factor in why I dont build modern any more!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 12:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...........saliva inducing purchase! ........

nice phrase there Frank!! :-)--
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 2,659 Posts
KitMaker Network: 865 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 01:16 PM UTC
Easy

Tamiya's M3A2 U.S. Halftrack

reason is this is the first military ground vehicle i built and even though my skills were in their infancy and I know much more now and could do tons better it will always be my personal favorite because it was such a joy to build and put me on the path to enjoying the hobby.

Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 01:20 PM UTC
any softskin....i'm a softskin kinda guy anyways
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 01:36 PM UTC
My favourite model? The one I'm working on. .
I usually pick a model in the shop because I like the look and feel of it, and I can feel some inspiration when I consider the purchase. I also build a model only once, unless I want to build something specific for a diorama or so.

Cheers
Henk
spectre
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 235 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 02:11 PM UTC
Tamiya's Wespe. It was my first order from ebay, my first obsession with a single armored vehicle, and I learned so much from it, including what paint scheme to never use on any tank ever, and how amazingly great pencils and rust-colored oil pastels are.
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 147 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 02:20 PM UTC
thankz all this has been very helpful

when i make my choices i go with my heart

thankz

nick
mlb63
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 355 Posts
KitMaker Network: 199 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 02:43 PM UTC
yeah i think my favorite model is the one i'm working on at the time.
VoodooChild
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 74 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2004 - 11:19 PM UTC
Apart from the one I'm working on...
The Revell/Italeri 1/35 M977 HEMTT - average kit, but the frist one that I added major details to.
Tamiya 1/35 Leopard 2A5 - my first new generation Tamiya kit. I was completely blown away by the quality of molding and engineering on this kit - it goes together perfectly.
Tamiya 1/32 F15E - big, bad, beautiful and goes together pretty well.
Not a plastic kit, but...the Tamiya 1/14 RC Globe Liner and flatbed trailer - it's fun to build something with working parts, that goes together really well and is assembled almost completely with screws, bolts and nuts - no glueing required.

Cheers
Ed
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,185 Posts
KitMaker Network: 224 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2004 - 06:30 AM UTC
Littlenick -

Because of the very personal nature of it, I would say without a doubt my 1/48th Monogram B-29. Has nothing to do with quality, accuracy, etc., it was the last kit my father (worked on them during WW II) and I worked on together before he died of cancer. It hangs in my study and always will. As for another side of that question, I'd say like the others, the one I'm working on. Actually, it is the one I'll start next week, Tamiya's Panther G, for the "Ardennes Campaign". Thanks, I enjoyed the rememberance,

Blade48mrd
 _GOTOTOP