Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Greetings from Phoenix, AZ!
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 4,342 Posts
KitMaker Network: 256 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 12:09 PM UTC
Just want to say quick hello from Phoenix, Arizona! I spent most of the day today visiting hobby shops in the area - bought some books and a few Model Master paints not available in Europe (Would you believe that MM don't sell all their enamel paint colors in Europe? For example in Europe you can get only one MM FS color for F-15 Mod Eagle scheme, but not the other one... There is some 15 MM FS colors not available in Europe and I bought most of them.)
Yesterday I drove from Phoenix to Tucson to Pima Air & Space museum. I took the AMARC trip from there and then spent several hours taking pictures of various museum exhibits. All this with A10's and F-16's flying overhead. I had a blast!

Tonight I'm going (back) to Big Apple to spend a few more days there. USS Intrepid and Baseline Hobbies in Mineola are on my list of places to visit in NY area. I'll be back in Poland on Sunday.

Pawel
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 12:16 PM UTC
Howdy Vodnik!

Wow!!....you were down in Phoenix? Man, you were that close to me (Colorado) and I didn't get to visit with ya.......damn!

Well, it's mighty good to hear you had a great time in the States. And you probably picked a darn good time to be in Phoenix, because if you had stopped by there back in June/July, we would have all had a melted Vodnik on our hands.....

Sounds like you hit a bunch of good places while you were here anyway. I don't suppose while you were in Tucson you visited Davis/Monthan? Haven't been to that place in over 30 years, but the place still sticks in my memory as 'fascinating'...

Have a safe flight home sir!

Tread.
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 03:58 PM UTC
Tread... AMARC is Davis-Monthan. Many, many wonderful but sad photos can be found here...

Airliners.net