_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Blood Splatter
LittleNick
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 147 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 02:30 AM UTC
this is how you do blood splatter, get some blood red paint on your brush and pull back the brissless and then let them go. this causes the paint to splatter at the model area. Note: the paint might go flying so be careful. this tip can also be used for mud and other splatter

-Nick-
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 02:22 PM UTC
A toothbrush is best for this as the short, hard bristels make it easier to apply a splattered look to a controled area. (Rather than splattering the whole model, and the bench, wall, ....)

Cheers
Henk
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
entire network: 424 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 12:50 AM UTC
What also works is my favorite method - cut your finger with the fresh hobby blade while trying to carve some plastic. Next, as the shock of what you've just done sinks in, shake your hand while muttering your favorite curses. Voila! Instant, realistic blood spatters.

Mika
NoMercy
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 111 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 05:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What also works is my favorite method - cut your finger with the fresh hobby blade while trying to carve some plastic. Next, as the shock of what you've just done sinks in, shake your hand while muttering your favorite curses. Voila! Instant, realistic blood spatters.

Mika

:-) :-)
bilko
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 584 Posts
KitMaker Network: 200 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 09:20 PM UTC

But Mika

What do you do about the "scale effect" :-)

Brian
Uruk-Hai
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 795 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 10:10 PM UTC
I think that the toothbrush method would be a little to much in scales smaller than 1/9. Instead paint the splatters and streaks with a fine brush. This give you more control of the splatters.

When it comes to blood a good rule is: Less is more.

Also avoid the bright red colour and go for a redbrown with highlights in normal red. Dried blood and blood on clothes are very dark brown. Hers as well a few highlights with normal red can indicate fresh blood.

Mix some clear varnish in the mix to make it a little transparent as blood is in real life.

This topic comes up from time to time so another tip is to do a search.
MadMeex
Visit this Community
Vaasa, Finland
entire network: 424 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 01:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

But Mika

What do you do about the "scale effect" :-)

Brian

I switch the scale to 1:1... Next diorama: "Fingertip of Unknown Casualty at Stalingrad" so I can practice my snow effects ... or "Thumb of German During the Rasputitsa" so I can practice mud effects. The possibilities are endless, but I figure on only being able to successfully pull off ten of these. The last one, unless carefully planned, will become one of these "never finished" projects due to lack of opposable thumbs.

Mika
A-Train
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 236 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 05:05 AM UTC
:-) :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP