Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Ahslee Simpson, what'd a singer!
PorkChop
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 3,179 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 07:53 AM UTC
Girl you know it's... girl you know it's... girl you know it's...

That skipping track spelled the end to lip-syncing Mili Vanilli, and on Saturday night we got to see techonology once again claim a "recording" artist.

While appearing on "Saturday Night Live" for her second song, it appears someone qeued the wrong vocal track, confusing both the band and the singer... she walked off stage.

Video here:
http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/10/24/125817.php

I saw her sing what was obviously live on MTV about 6 weeks ago (couldn't hit most of the notes) and was shocked and in disbelief when I saw her hitting those notes (on 'Pieces of Me") perferctly on SNL during her first song. I was in such disbelief that I suspected she was faking it.
I'll let you draw your own conclusions from the video that was aired live (I was lucky enough to see it as it happened)
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 359 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 08:21 AM UTC
Wow...

That is pathetic, you'd think that she'd at least start the song over and try it again, but she goes and walks off stage. that makes me wonder if everyone else is faking it.

Rob
steeldog51
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,114 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 08:30 AM UTC
:-) :-) :-) oh man thats so lame!!!
"i know i'll just stand there skipping! " :-) :-) thanks for the giggle!
Mech-Maniac
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 2,240 Posts
KitMaker Network: 730 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 10:39 AM UTC
hahaha, she caught the milli vanilli virus! :-) :-) well looks like shes done for a little bit

i'm waiting for "singer" hillary duff to pull a MV moment
steeldog51
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 10:49 AM UTC
:-) :-)
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 540 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 11:02 AM UTC
oh no, my idol has been debunked what am I going to do

sad
whodini
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 359 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 11:03 AM UTC
Yeah can't wait for a Hillary Bluff blooper! that one will be hillarious! :-)

Rob
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 03:52 PM UTC
Such is life on live TV........ (in my youth a lot of the hit shows were broadcasted live)
But what ever happened to.... "the show must go on!!!".
seems she forgot the first rule in show business.
steeldog51
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2004 - 08:48 PM UTC
yeah her musicians did a much better job than she did! :-) :-) :-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 12:38 AM UTC
Well, lip synching is nothing new. Remember all those Dick Clark shows? One person on stage and full orchestral back up sounding absolutely note for note like the 45? Or that afternoon show "Where the Action Is"that had Paul Revere and the Raiders as house band? They'd have guys with electric guitars in the surf or bands on stage with no wires from their guitars.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 01:49 AM UTC
I think you will find that alot of singers actually lip sync in certain situations, SNL and other such shows.

Actually makes it easier on the crew, they don't have to tune in each bands instruments. Just throw on a track, have the band pretend to play and sing, and viola....sounds just like their CD.

That not withstanding, doesn't mean that all artists can't sing, I would venture a guess that most in the business can, and that it is not the norm.

But as is the normal today with new acts, if you have the look, and the actions, we can make you have the sound with some careful manipulation of the tracks. One example is Blink 182, they sound great on their CDs, but they suck live....at least when I have seen them, none of them could carry a tune.

Plus Ashley is a long way from her big sis Jessica, mind you I think that Ashley obviously got the brains of the 2.....LOL
Splinty2001
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 84 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 03:09 AM UTC
I personally think Jessica slept her way to the top, (remember what some preacher's daughters are REALLY like, virgin my butt!) and now her little sister is riding her coattails, or bikini strings as is more likely the case.
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2004 - 03:24 AM UTC
That could be so as well, sleeping her way to the top that is for Jessica, she can however sing pretty well though, so she doesn't need to lip sync.

Someone that looks that good, I really don't care how she got there, lets just see some more!!! LOL if you know what I mean......her and Nick need to have a tape stolen from their house and put on the web, like all the other celebrities....LOL!!!!!!

She is nice to look at, but to me that would dull really fast since she is dumb as a post.....she is the epitamy of the saying dumb blond......no offence to blonds :-) :-)

Got to have some what of an appreciable intelligence for me to be interested, but she is nice to look at!!!
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 02:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow...

That is pathetic, you'd think that she'd at least start the song over and try it again, but she goes and walks off stage. that makes me wonder if everyone else is faking it.

Rob

I've done a little performing and there are many that offer different packages ie. Live music, live vocals; live music w lipsync; etc., etc... of course everything live is the most expensive...

I saw the Bee Gees (yes it dates me...) do a similar thing. One of them went back stage and put on the music track and they did live vocals... much better than the lipsync would ever have been...
Splinty2001
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 283 Posts
KitMaker Network: 84 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 04:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That could be so as well, sleeping her way to the top that is for Jessica, she can however sing pretty well though, so she doesn't need to lip sync.

Someone that looks that good, I really don't care how she got there, lets just see some more!!! LOL if you know what I mean......her and Nick need to have a tape stolen from their house and put on the web, like all the other celebrities....LOL!!!!!!

She is nice to look at, but to me that would dull really fast since she is dumb as a post.....she is the epitamy of the saying dumb blond......no offence to blonds :-) :-)

Got to have some what of an appreciable intelligence for me to be interested, but she is nice to look at!!!

She's hot allright, but I think the "dumb Blonde" thing is an act. For anyone to reach those levels of celebrity takes brains or at least the intelligence to hire someone smart enough and nasty enough to get them famous. This is all my opinion of course, I don't actually know anything about Jessica or her sister.
tankysgal1
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 1,430 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 06:45 AM UTC
In the beginning before Jessica became popular..did you guys know that she use to be a religious singer. Most all her songs were professing her faith. But once she started getting into the business, it slowly changed her. As does the business for a lot of people. But do we blame the performer..or all of us who so religiously support them??....As far as Ashley goes, i agree with most of you..i dont really think she has any real talent..rather just getting what she gets because of her sister.