_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Punch and die sets?
jejack2
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 322 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 07:16 AM UTC
I'm looking to purchase, both round and hex, punch and die sets. First off are they worth the exorbant amount of money? For bolt heads I have been slicing hex rod (pain in da keister). Second, any recommendations as far as brand and where to purchase from? (I'm in MD, USA if it helps) Thanks in advance!!
kkeefe
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 1,416 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 07:46 AM UTC
I purchased mine from Historex in England about 8 years ago. Both round and hex sets. Great items to have!

I don't recall the price (expensive) or any of the other specifics but it is a must have tool IMHO and well worth the price (within reason).

Now, on those evenings where you are kind of 'vegging out', just sit down and punch out about 200 of each size and shape, that way you'll always have 'em when you need 'em without dragging the sets out everytime you need one or two or even a dozen.

I keep them in little round tins with secure covers that are labeled according to size and shape. (Some of them are just too dang small.)

Do it!
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 4,082 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
I also have the Historex Hex set. It's excellent. Like Kevin I also make a lot of them at once and also store them in the little containers.

I would love to purchase the round version too, but hey.... 55 Euro's is too much for me right now. Let's hope Santa listens in right now

I think it is absolutely worth the money, but like all other things in life, it all comes down to priorities. You can only spend your money once (atleast I can )
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 - 09:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

just a tag on too this thread but can soomeone tell me where i can buy them in the UK?

James try here Historex Agents, I see they have come down in price!
 _GOTOTOP