_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Interesting observation
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 10:00 PM UTC
I was just looking at the Features home page and noticed an interesting fact. While ARMOR dominates in terms of forum posts, articles, etc., when you look at the hall of fame, 8 of the "top ten" articles are DIORAMA oriented.

I'm interested in theories on why you think that might be?
Sensei
Visit this Community
Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
entire network: 1,217 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 10:07 PM UTC
I think becouse everyone, no matter whats their primary interest, like to see a nice diorama!

and since armour is most visited, and about 80% of dioramas are armour based, thats nothing strange
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 10:11 PM UTC
I don't really have an answer or a theory to this Keith, but I feel that individually or together you can't lose!...or maybe Armor+Diorama-Dio=Armorama!!!! Hmmm....

Gunny
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 10:42 PM UTC
But you do not see aircraft or ship dioramas very often, so most people who like dioramas like armor in the first place.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2004 - 12:39 AM UTC
I agree with Dragonslain. While 8 out of the top 10 are diorama related, they all lean towards the armor genre. Even the figures that are in the dioramas without vehicles are 1/35 scale. This is universally seen as the "armor scale".

The only one that could be seen as non-armor/non-1/35 scale would be the tree article. But then again, most diorama uses for that tree would be in an armor related setting and the tree looks to be designed as a 1/35 scale item.
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2004 - 05:31 PM UTC
Well having been modelling for the last 25 years, ihave to admit that i usually do thoughts of style, "what poeple likes more this period" and it has come to me that at least in Greece people in older times liked airplanes and only them. Then 1/35 armor got in our lives for good , and 1/35 figures to complete them. Lately, i see the likes are armor related dios in 1/35 , all kinds of figures, ans some big scale planes.
and i think that this will go for long since the amount of new models supports this rate
 _GOTOTOP