_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: IPMS
Topics about IPMS (International Plastic Modeler's Society).
Pictures from IPMS-Phils (BAC) Nationals 2004
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 01:06 PM UTC
IPMS-Philippines (Bert Anido Chapter) recently held this year's Nationals 2004 at MegaMall, Metro Manila, Philippines. So far, with 300+ entries (more models than tables which can accomodate them which the club had initially deployed), it is the most successful Nationals event of its kind here in the Philippines. The exhibit/contest runs from 11 October to 17 October 2004. The centrepiece of the exhibit was the club's own scratchbuilt 1/48 CVE USS Gambier Bay (see Warships forum for pictures). Below is the link to the pictures from the Nationals 2004.

http://www.ipmsphilippines.com/nationals/nationalsevents/nationalsevents.htm

EDIT: According to IPMS-Phils (BAC) website (www.ipmsphilippines.com), there's 370+ entries. This means it has broken the previous record of IPMS-Philippines set in the 90s for an exhibit (350 models) and the largest contest ever held here so far. Goes to show that the hobby is alive and well in this part of the world.
druid
Visit this Community
Finland
entire network: 211 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 05:44 PM UTC
A lot of really impressive entries there. Thanks for sharing.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 07:14 PM UTC
Wow! THere are a lot of very nice models. One of things I like is that huge WW2 aircraft carrier and the KKK diorama.

By the way, I am quite concerned on the set-up of the event. The models are just placed on the table with people walking around. Were there accidents in the event?

Angela
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 3,960 Posts
KitMaker Network: 331 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 02:40 AM UTC
Now Angela ..you should have enter some of your stuff ..I sure you'd have done well!!

Rick
cardinal
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 1,008 Posts
KitMaker Network: 492 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 03:13 AM UTC
Congratulations guys for a job very well done. I wish I was there to witness that event.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 09:40 AM UTC
Outstanding display of talent. Thanks for posting the pics.

Chuck
Major_Goose
Visit this Community
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 6,871 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 12:05 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing with us all these pictures. some nice models there i can see and many many many airplanes .

Hope next year is even better

Costas
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 1,612 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,129 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 12:31 PM UTC
Angela: Actually, AFAIK, there have been some, 'incidents', regarding the model entries. I heard one Yamato entry suffered some damage. Another is the Titanic which fell from its display (I think it suffered a crack in the hull - how appropriate hehehe ). And since the pix show there aren't much in the way of glass/plexiglass displays, some children who are watching the event end up playing with the models (e.g. turning the turrets, touching this and that). The club has some of its members doing security work, but due to the number of kits and the number of people looking at it (the event was made in a strategic part of the mall where lots of people come and go), there will be the inevitable disasters. There have also been instances of theft in previous exhibits/contests, so the club is working hard to avoid that.

Glad y'all like the pix. Judging from the pix (BTW, I didn't take these - the club's photomen did) I say aircraft are still the most popular among the genres, followed by armor.

The club plans that the Nationals be held every two years. The last one (where Armorama members Jeepney, Crismag and I joined) was in 2002, by the same club, and I must say, DEFINITELY smaller than this year's. Because of the success, the club intends to have the Third Nationals in 2006.
Angela
Visit this Community
Visayas, Philippines
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 275 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2004 - 02:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Now Angela ..you should have enter some of your stuff ..I sure you'd have done well!!

Rick

Well, Manila is quite far from our place, around 200 to 300 kilometers away. It's very hard to get there let alone transfer my models there. But I sure want to join that event.

Angela
 _GOTOTOP