TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Ike
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 08:52 PM UTC
I was just wondering if anybody out there saw the new film "Ike" with Tom Selleck as Ike on the History Channel a while back...I live deep in the woods and have to rely on the local video store for good flicks, and I just saw the release of this film at the store and I need to know if it is a worthwhile watch...

Gunny
DRAGONSLAIN
Visit this Community
Distrito Federal, Mexico
entire network: 779 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 12:04 AM UTC
This movie is kind of boring, but it is good for reference, it tells how D-Day was organized and what trouble these men had. There is not much action really, but is good for reference.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 06:06 AM UTC
It's just about Eisenhower, no combat stuff. Fairly well done. Delves into the man shows the planning and the great worry about D-Day. I'd vote yes to a rental.
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
entire network: 1,281 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 06:59 AM UTC
Hi Gunny
Yea saw the programe yea i would rent it found it very good put over very well as said in previous posts "the worry" side i think there is a much better word to discribe that perticular period, when you have that huge burden of responsability to carry, i know he had good people around him but if it went T--s up he would have carried the can as for the young RAF metorlogical officer,there was another level of "worry" and hell he is still alive...its a good watch.
Cheers tango 20 chris
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 - 04:28 PM UTC
Thanks for the advice, Gentlemen...I think it's on the viewing schedule for this weekend...

Gunny