Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Reenacter Units in Arizona.
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 11, 2004 - 10:05 AM UTC
Hey guys. Although im not old enough to reenact. I have a passion to do it someday. I was wondering if there are any Units (German, American, British, etc) in Arizona? If there are please give me all the information you can find about it too. Thanks alot

Tsunami Bomb
sourkraut
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 602 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 06:36 PM UTC
i think its great that you are wanting to get into the reenacting hobby,However keep in mind it is an expensive hobby.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2004 - 09:47 PM UTC
Re-inacting is HUGE in Texas. THere is everything here ....Texas war of Independence, Civil War, Indian war / Buffaloe soldiers, wild west, and all sorts of WW2 stuff. I did Civil War for about 5 years until I noticed that I had severly damaged my hearing, but as the man says...IT IS EXPENSIVE. There is NO COMPROMISE on accuracy. All uniform parts, weapons, and gear has to be authetic....down to underwear in some cases. Civil war had to have correct glasses....no cigarettes....and those God awful Brograns. Thank god I didn't wear glasses or smoke, but I did prefer shoes to going barefoot.. I still have the stuff inclding an authentic 1863 rifle (Springfield armory)
TsunamiBomb
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 1,447 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2004 - 11:15 AM UTC
Yes, thanks you guys. I found a unit in AZ that is the 1.SS just what i was looking for. They said that there is a possibility that I can use weapons. I am not yet in the unit but i have talked to the Commander over the phone. There will be a festival with reenactments over at schneb farms on Nov 12, 13, and 14th. Any one is welcome. It should be pretty fun!